Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-05-2016, 04:58 AM   #1
New Camper

228RR winterizing and stolen wheels

New to this, first travel trailer. First question, where is the water pump on my toy hauler, need to winterize. Winteriizing tips?
Also had all 4 wheels stolen off of it while parked in a supposedly secure storage facility. Stabilizing jacks kept it off the ground, now sitting on heavy duty jack stands until I can get new wheels and tires. I know they are 5 lug 15 inch rims, tire size 205/75/15 but does anyone know what rims to buy? Than you
Cdp1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 06:30 AM   #2
Site Team

Lots of info regarding winterizing in this forum.
Winterizing - CrossRoads RV Family Forum

That's to bad on the wheels and tires. When you rent a space that is suppose to secure and that happens, it sure doesn't make a person feel very good.
Will the storage facility reimburse your lose?
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 05:34 PM   #3
Weekend Camper

Sucks about the wheels, here's a good place to get wheel & tire packages.

http://www.easternmarine.com/
Old 12-07-2016, 08:11 PM   #4
New Camper

Thanks all

New tires and wheels ordered, used info in winterizing section forum to winterize my toy hauler. Insurance paid for most of the replacement cost of the wheels and tires after deductible, storage facility claims no liability for theft. Guess this is common. Locking lug nuts ordered so wheels can't be stolen again.
Cdp1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 02:39 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

228RR winterizing and stolen wheels

Storage company can claim whatever they want, take a good look at your contract and their advertisements. If it says anything about "secure facility" or the like any small claims judge would rule in your favor. They're selling a space that is supposed to be secure for your investment. All depends on how much time you want to invest in getting back your money. If it were me I'd go after them for a $20 loss just for the principal alone, but I have a lot of spare time on my hands lately.
Old 12-08-2016, 06:34 AM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBOURQUIN View Post
Storage company can claim whatever they want, take a good look at your contract and their advertisements. If it says anything about "secure facility" or the like any small claims judge would rule in your favor. They're selling a space that is supposed to be secure for your investment. All depends on how much time you want to invest in getting back your money. If it were me I'd go after them for a $20 loss just for the principal alone, but I have a lot of spare time on my hands lately.
I guess I feel the same way about it. If they advertise "secure" I would think it should be.
I use to rent out space in our building here and at our previous residence, but it stated in the contract the owner assumed full responsibility for any and all loses that might occur.
I know you can't insure somebody else property. So I guess I don't know how the "secured storage" being advertised would fit in.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote