Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-13-2013, 02:48 PM   #1
Family Vacation Member

Has anyone else had a bad experience with CampingWorld?

I bought a brand new camper about a month ago and it's still in their dealership.

I am sure glad I'm paying over a 100 a month for a parking space that I only used for a few days.

Z1 owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 03:18 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

why is it still there? Details would be helpful so we can help you.

2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

***Member of the Mason-Dixon Group***
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 09:06 PM   #3
Family Vacation Member

They seem to think that this summer is not important to me and that I don't really want to camp with it. I get excuse after excuse on why I can't have my trailer back when I want it. I have so many things to do to make it ready for my family to use and they have screwwed over a number of weekends already that I could have been finished already and at a campsite enjoying it. Customer service is NOT their strong suite. I will give more detail later on as I'm really not looking to make this forum my personal crying stage. I am writing up my complaint to the BBB today and had I knew I would be treated like a piece of %^&* I would have never bought anything from them.
Old 05-13-2013, 09:29 PM   #4
Family Vacation Member

Go to rv.net open roads forum, it's run by camping world. Put a nice post explaining your situation in the "dear marcus" thread (he is the ceo of camping world).
Someone will respond and look after your problems. They are very good about that.
Good luck.
Old 05-13-2013, 10:09 PM   #5
Full Time Camper

Do as Peter suggested on rv.net. It woirked for us after having a bad experiance with our local Camping World.Marcos lit a fire under them and they were on the phone to me and had the work done that week they had promised the month before. I had district managers calling me to make sure we were happy.
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 10:39 PM   #6
Family Vacation Member

I'm not sure I want to wait unitl Thursday so I may just go there unanounnced to see if their up to something. I will send a long detailed post at RV.net. Thanks for the tip.
Old 05-14-2013, 01:10 AM   #7
Full Time Camper

Sounds strange, why is it still there anyway? Let us know how it goes.
Reese 16K Slider Wet Bolts
socoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 01:51 AM   #8
Full Time Camper

Send a message via MSN to tator447

Ken,
Do we make the assumption you have not paid them nor done your PDI on your unit yet? If they don't have it "road ready" it seems it is not a finished product and you should not have paid yet. But, having said all that, contact Marcus and he definitely will light the fire. He does not like hearing one negative thing and will kick some butt getting it to you. Additionally, I think they also should comp you for some of your "lack of usage" IMHO. Going there might help, but I've been to the Camping World in Madison, WI and I have never seen them without 2 dozen or more units waiting for work. Call Marcus, you won't be sorry.

Jim

Jim & Linda Tator
Watertown, WI
2013 Crusier CF34SS GMC 3500 8.1L Dually
154 nights in 2013 - 4,370 miles
178 nights in 2014 - 5,082 miles
365 nights in 2015 - 6,040 miles
tator447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 02:07 AM   #9
Family Vacation Member

There is so much more to this story but I'm just so disgusted, I paid cash by the way and never had a PDI! I am waiting for them to hang themselves on this and then I'm going to the BBB and to the man you directed me to and we'll see if some people still have their jobs after everything is said and done. The people at this dealership know damn well right that they are creating major chaos and havic for my family and me and they don;t seem to care, they also have many excuses each time I call.

I appreciate your response and the great advice you gave me.
Old 05-14-2013, 05:36 AM   #10
Full Time Camper

I agree with socoguy, whole thing sounds strange to me also, but good luck with getting everything resolved.

Chris & Karen- Heyworth, Illinois
2009 CF32BL pulled by a 2011 RAM 2500 CTD 4x4
PullRite Superglide 18K hitch
2015stats:
Nights: 28
Miles: 3245
longhauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 07:13 AM   #11
Full Time Camper

I would contact Marcus Lemonis, Chairman and CEO, Camping World and Good Sam Enterprises.
GoodSamClub.com, Immediatly even B-4 contacting the BBB.
Old 05-14-2013, 09:13 AM   #12
Full Time Camper

If the manufacturer or Camping World isn't solving the
problem contact the President/CEO of Camping World Marcus Lemonis at email
address:

Mlemonis@campingworld.comHe got back to me within 20 minutes. The CW service department manager contacted me next.
The think the problem is high volume dealers can't keep up with new deliveries and warranty work.

2012 Cruiser Patriot CF335SS.

2011 Silverado 3500HD LTZ CCLB Duramax SRW 4X4

https://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/...ailerKeuka.jpg
NorskeNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 09:52 AM   #13
Full Time Camper

I learned when I had my TT in for warranty work, I had to constantly pester them to get the work done. I would have to ask them where we were in the process. Find out what date crossroads has been contacted for warranty work. is the hold up, the TT hasn't been looked at, the warranty claim hasn't been submitted, crossroads hasn't given approval yet, or we are waiting on parts etc. As time goes on I get more and more frequent with my status updates. The more I check on it, the quicker the work seems to go.what phase are you at? is this warranty work on a new trailer, or is this repairs on a newly purchased used trailer? Did you ever bring the trailer home? Did you buy at the dealership who is doing the work (it does make a difference).

2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

Old 05-14-2013, 11:37 AM   #14
Weekend Camper

I'm also having some issues getting updates, it took 3 weeks for me to get a actual sales agreement. We went in and decided to order a Zinger. I was told 8 weeks, so we put down $500.00 and told them I would be by on wed with $3500.00 to complete the money needed for the order. On that Friday they finally had a build sheet for me to sign. Three weeks later I stopped by and demanded a sales acknowledgement so I had something saying whatI owed, well my demands were answered by the manager has already left we can have it ready by tomorrow. And by the way it's going to be 10 weeks. The next day I went by to pickup thepaper and he said CR called that morning and stated it would be 12 weeks.I called CR and they told me to call back when I had the order confirmation and they could help me know when it would be completed.
EU3000iS
WiFiRanger
8G8D-Deka 265 Ah GEL Battery
https://imageshack.us/scaled/modthumb/22/zt39bhsmall.jpg
whwaldrep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 12:21 PM   #15
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by whwaldrep

I'm also having some issues getting updates, it took 3 weeks for me to get a actual sales agreement. We went in and decided to order a Zinger. I was told 8 weeks, so we put down $500.00 and told them I would be by on wed with $3500.00 to complete the money needed for the order. On that Friday they finally had a build sheet for me to sign. Three weeks later I stopped by and demanded a sales acknowledgement so I had something saying whatI owed, well my demands were answered by the manager has already left we can have it ready by tomorrow. And by the way it's going to be 10 weeks. The next day I went by to pickup thepaper and he said CR called that morning and stated it would be 12 weeks.I called CR and they told me to call back when I had the order confirmation and they could help me know when it would be completed.
If it was me, I would stop by "one" more time and tell them to give me my money back, and then they could stick the sales acknowledgement where the sun don't shine!!!!!!!!!

Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 12:36 PM   #16
Full Time Camper

Don't walk away from this deal Run!

Faribault MN
LeBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 12:52 PM   #17
Family Vacation Member

As much as I want to dump on them here I will keep my wits to me and see what tomorrow will bring.

I will update you guys on what happens. Just in case they read these forums I am hoping they realize how bad they
upset my plans and my sick wife and do the right thing and get my trailer to me now.

Old 05-14-2013, 01:43 PM   #18
Full Time Camper

unfortunately lately it appears crossroads has abandoned the forums. Marcus and his team follow rv.net

2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

Old 05-14-2013, 11:57 PM   #19
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by whwaldrep

Are you able to reach a different dealer? Camping World is not giving you fair treatment. They have a lot of irons in the fire, combine that with poor management and you suffer.
It may be best to move on if possible. I would not give them any more $ at this point.
Good Luck
Old 05-15-2013, 12:09 AM   #20
Family Vacation Member

Just fro the record, I found the same trailer I bought on other dealers sites within a 2-3 hour driving distance that I could have saved over 4000.00 dollars had I contacted them instead. Sahme on me for not reading these forums before buying an RV.