Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-27-2022, 06:09 AM   #1
New Camper

I need help please!

I have a 6 gallon attwood water heater in my 2016 crossroads z1 lite. I never used the propane setting, it's always been on electric. Here recently the dsi (yes I know what it is, thanks) lights up and makes a click as if it's trying to light propane pilot. My water will not heat up for anything! Everytime I hit elec water heater, the dsi lights up shutting it all to cold. I have changed cut off line, thermostat, and element. No change. Please tell me somebody has experienced this and what did you do to fix it?
LivingtheLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2022, 07:20 AM   #2
Site Team

The water heater needs 12volts to work. Have your battery checked out. If still a problem, here is a link to troubleshooting the water heater.

http://techsupport.pdxrvwholesale.co...ting-Guide.pdf

Good luck. I'm sure others may post help also.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2022, 07:32 AM   #3
Site Team

Hello and welcome!

Are you trying to get the water heater to work on gas or still on electric? Will it work on gas? Could you post the model number of the water heater it will help with the diagnosis.
dagst1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2022, 07:35 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

Also might need to clear air from the lines. I have to do this before each trip after the propane tanks have been turned off. Light all the stove eyes and let them burn for a few minutes then try the heater. Also make sure you don’t have any obstructions in the heater tube; bad for mud daubers to clog it up. And as stated make sure you have good charge in the battery.

*I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne
Papa-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2023, 01:10 PM   #5
New Camper

ok Iam totally new here and I seen you mentioned the DSI and knowing what it was well... I don't know what it is and it keeps lighting up on the convenience panel where it says DSI FLT can someone please tell me what these are? Sorry if its a dumb question but new to the RV world Thanks in advance!
Aryanprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2023, 01:23 PM   #6
Site Team

DSI- Direct Spark Ignition FLT -Fault. It means your water heater tried to light but did not. Are you having water heater problems?
dagst1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2023, 02:05 PM   #7
New Camper

Not that I know of but will be checking that asap well the other day my propane popped louder than usual when it lit the hot water heater but iam getting hot water etc
Aryanprincess is offline   Reply With Quote

« Confused | - »