Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-28-2013, 09:19 AM   #1
New Camper

Hi Everyone... I just bought a new ZT271BH. I don't pick it up unitl Saturday, so I am trying to find out what the tongue height is when the trailer is sitting level. I have a lifted Duramax and I need to find out how much drop I need for my WD hitch shank.

Thanks in advance.
Edited by: DCOX
DCOX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:41 AM   #2
Family Vacation Member

Looks like approx. 22" to the top of the ball.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:47 AM   #3
New Camper

Thanks so much! I wasn't expecting such a fast reply.
DCOX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:52 AM   #4
Family Vacation Member

No problem, its sitting in the driveway, and it was a good reason to get my lazy a@# off the couch!
Old 04-28-2013, 05:57 AM   #5
Family Vacation Member

I just bought the 271bh myself 2013 model. I'm pulling it with a Nissan Armada that has a total pull weight of 9100 lbs. although I doubt I'm going to push it to that limit ever. I'm curious to know who has this amount of pulling capability or less that pulls this trailer so I can base my upcoming Florida trip from NJ on it.

I like to trailer and it's kind roomy when the slide out is deployed. Just wish Camping world would fix the damn furnace before I bring it somewhere else.

Z1 owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 07:13 AM   #6
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken07734

I just bought the 271bh myself 2013 model. I'm pulling it with a Nissan Armada that has a total pull weight of 9100 lbs. although I doubt I'm going to push it to that limit ever. I'm curious to know who has this amount of pulling capability or less that pulls this trailer so I can base my upcoming Florida trip from NJ on it.
Â*
I like to trailer and it's kind roomy when the slide out is deployed. Just wish Camping world would fix the damn furnace before I bring it somewhere else.
Â*
Â*
my zinger 26bl is just about identical in measurements. it ad a dry weight of about 5700 lbs and a dry tongue weight of 810 lbs. it ended up weighing 7000 lbs loaded and has a loaded tongue weight of close to 1000 lbs.it is also 30 ft long. I used to tow this with my 2004 armada LE. I hate to tell you it was not a fun experience and I last 1 year before I upgraded to an F250. As it turns out, we took the armada to the scales after we bought the TT. with DH, myself, a 35 lb child and a 70 lb dog in it, we ended up having about 800 lbs of available payload for the tongue weight. As you can see our actual tongue weight put us over our payload by about 200 lbs. Now matter how much we dialed in the WDH (Reese dual cam) and put LT E rated tires on it etc, the handling was horrible. We felt like the tail was wagging the dog constantly, anytime a car, SUV, or semi passed us we were pushed all over the road. I was white knuckling it constantly. The engine struggled going up 7% grades. even with a tranny cooler and gearing down it would get hot by the end of struggling up a long steep grade. The engine was not enough to hold the trailer back going down the mountais either. The final straw came in VA. We were coming home from the mason Dixon rally at endless caverns. Coming down the twisty 2 lane 7% downgrade, I found I didn't ave enough TV to control the TT. I tried every trick I had learned in 20 yrs of driving horse trailers. stopped at top of hill, actually came down mtn in lower gear than I went up it. engine was not holding the TT back and so I had to use the brakes more than I wanted to. they were hot and almost gone by the bottom. I was scared to death. No more. We began looking for a new TV and had it before the next trip that wasn't close to home. completely different experience with the F250. I have since driven that same trip with the new to me diesel. i only had to touch the brakes one or two times the whole way down and never flt out of control. no struggling to get up the mountain.Now I barely feel the semis and don't feel any of the other vehicles. sorry I didn't have better words for you but this was my experience. Best of luck to you.

2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

***Member of the Mason-Dixon Group***
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 03:11 PM   #7
Family Vacation Member

I have already done a dry run which was really shaky until I realized the prodigy 3 wasnt set right then it was just a little waggy. I have yet to install the sway controll bar.

Z1 owner is offline   Reply With Quote