Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-05-2015, 12:02 AM   #21
Full Time Camper

I think you are still looking too heavy with that trailer. Loaded that trailer will likely be 8600-9000 lbs. I think you need to drop your slide requirements down. You are probably needing closer to 5500 dry but depends on what kind of available payload you will have. We need the van gvwr to calculate that.

2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

***Member of the Mason-Dixon Group***
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 06:45 AM   #22
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cousin inner View Post
Looks like the Cruiser RV Enterra 314 is the only 3 slide , sufficient cargo capacity trailer that fits the weight restriction. Doesnt solve the dog issue tho, can't win, I'm stuck. We only use the campground to sleep and get cleabed up, but nobody will care.....figures.
I know the issue on or about pets can and does get very touchy and sensitive.
With that being said, I think you are being unrealistic about campgrounds not caring. Lets face it, not many people travel with 6 rotties, and that breed of dog does have a very distinct reputation of being aggressive. Campgrounds have to be very careful in allowing dogs with aggressive natures in. The liability would be to great of an issue for them I would think.

So not only do you have an issue with weight/tow vehicle, but I believe you will have to work out the issue of 6 large Rottweilers.

I remember one winter we were out in AZ. and the owner went over to see one of the residents who owned a German Shepperd. The dog charged him before he even got off the road. Those folks had rented that lot for the winter, but they were out, gone the next day.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 06:24 PM   #23
Full Time Camper

I love dogs too. I will say I have never seen another fellow camper with more than 2 to 3 dogs. Let alone 6 Rotties. I think you are going to have issues anywhere you go with 6 of them!

I am looking for another dog now. Trying to decide between a rottie or a dobie. Have had both over the years. Will see.

Tim
13 ST25RB
08 F-250 SC 6.8L XLT 4x4
Tim D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 07:00 PM   #24
Site Team

A lot of campgrounds require you to bring the paperwork and tags for the dogs. (to prove rabies shots). Once they see you have that many dogs and the breed you have, most likely you will be turned away. BTW, that is not the only breed that is banned. Pit Bulls, Rottweilers, Dobermans, Mastiffs, Chow. I believe it's an insurance issue for the campground and for the camper.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote