Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-31-2016, 06:08 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

3/4 ton

Hi all. Near frankenmuth mi on a trip and had a thought. My extended cab isn't working well with the kids. I bought a 2008 f350 ext can dually. Has v10. Bought it when I bought crossroads 32bl. Getting rid of it shouldn't be a problem and considering a ram 2500 with Cummins. Question is does anyone use a shortbed with Anderson ultimate hitch? If I have to buy a slider I'll probably just buy a long bed.
Stew47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 06:30 PM   #2
Weekend Camper

I run a Andersen Ultimate 5th wheel connection with my short bed Chevy 2500HD to pull my 2015 Rezerve 36DB with no issues at all.

Edit:
Even when I had a B&W Compainion non-slider I never had any issues with cab clearance in turns.
ATP EFI Live, Edge CTS Insight, S&B CAI, PPE boost valve, Pro Fab AIH, AirDog II 165, Mike L built trans, ML-G converter, Allison deep pan, HD trans cooler, Nicktane CAT adapter, 5" straight pipe, Firestone Ride Rite, Cognito braces & HD tie rods, H2's, 305/70-17 Nitto TG's, B&W Turnoverball, Andersen Ultimate 5th Wheel Connection

2015 Crossroads Longhorn Rezerve LFZ36DB
1978steven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 06:44 PM   #3
Weekend Camper

Here are some pictures of my setup:

Old 07-31-2016, 06:46 PM   #4
Weekend Camper

Sweet set up. Any problems as you get close to 90 degree when backing? Any squatting being a 2500?
Old 07-31-2016, 06:56 PM   #5
Weekend Camper

I can get pretty close to 90 degrees when backing when I was testing everything, luckily most all of the camp grounds we camp don't require that type of turning while backing! My 5th wheel has an extended pin box so that also helps with the cab clearance. As far as squat it doesn't help that I've leveled out the front to the back by lifting the front. So when I'm hooked to the 5th wheel the back will set down pretty good, but I added Ride Rite load leveling bags to help with the squat. I generally run around 60 psi in them to take squat out and they help with the ride quality also.

Been thinking about putting the front back to stock as I'm sure that when the 5th wheel is hooked the truck would set pretty level front to back without the need for the bags. Then just add some air for ride quality.
ATP EFI Live, Edge CTS Insight, S&B CAI, PPE boost valve, Pro Fab AIH, AirDog II 165, Mike L built trans, ML-G converter, Allison deep pan, HD trans cooler, Nicktane CAT adapter, 5" straight pipe, Firestone Ride Rite, Cognito braces & HD tie rods, H2's, 305/70-17 Nitto TG's, B&W Turnoverball, Andersen Ultimate 5th Wheel Connection

2015 Crossroads Longhorn Rezerve LFZ36DB
Old 07-31-2016, 07:55 PM   #6
Weekend Camper

Thanks for the info. A short bed would help me where I park behind my house. It's tight.