Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-03-2019, 07:36 PM   #1
New Camper

5th wheel hitch with RAM Boxes

First, I know that it is possible, because I have personally seen it this summer while traveling. I have a 2016 RAM 2500 Turbo Diesel Limited. I pull a 2018 253RB. Pulls like a dream, love it. But looking to maybe move to a 5th wheel.
Does anyone here have a RAM 2500 with RAM Boxes and also tow a 5th wheel, if so,

1) What Reese hitch do you have?
2) Did you have the factory RAM 5th wheel mounts put in, for use with the hitch?

The one I saw, the guy had the RAM factory 5th wheel kit installed. Purchased from Mopar, but not installed at the dealership. I got the information, and wrote it down but now I can't find it. Hoping someone here has some information.
Old 09-04-2019, 10:32 AM   #2
Weekend Camper

RAM 2500 and fifth wheels

I've got a 2017 RAM 2500 without the RAM boxes. Mine has a "country" package on it. That included the gooseneck/fifth wheel pucks in the bed and was leveled. It also has the short bed and I added a toolbox. When I started looking at the fifth wheel setups I found that the toolbox would not let me use the puck system so I went with an anderson hitch. it connects to the gooseneck ball. Works like a charm.

However the trailer is too close to the bed side to even open a RAM box.

You COULD put a fifth wheel hitch in it and adjust the front where it MIGHT clear the RAM box but be mindful of how level the fifth wheel is. Mine is already nose up a couple of inches and there is less than 5 inches between the bed and the overhang on the fifth wheel.
Old 09-12-2019, 03:33 PM   #3
New Camper

RamBox 5th wheel hitch

My dealer insalled one of these when I bought my 5th wheel: PullRite 2400 ISR Series Superlite 20K Fifth Wheel Hitch. Very easy to hook up. No problems after 3 years of use.
oldlongboard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 07:10 PM   #4
Weekend Camper

Dodge Ram 2500

Had the Rv dealership install the Pullrite 16K short bed works great for past 3 years.

2018 Dodge Ram 2500
2017 Crossroads Rezerve 27bh
Jkhoff0214 is offline   Reply With Quote