Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 11-07-2019, 06:30 PM   #1
Site Team
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: WI.
Posts: 8,006
f150 ECO

Has anybody had the opportunity to see or drive the new f150 diesel?
How about the new 2020 3.5 Eco Boost?
From what little I have seen so far, the specs look better on the new 3.5 Eco-Boost then the 3.0 diesel.
Anybody got a solid set of specs?
__________________
2008 Cruiser CF26RK
2013 Ford Eco-Boost
Heavy duty payload - Max tow
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 05:52 AM   #2
Family Vacation Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: S. Illinois (means South of I-80)
Posts: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
Has anybody had the opportunity to see or drive the new f150 diesel?
How about the new 2020 3.5 Eco Boost?
From what little I have seen so far, the specs look better on the new 3.5 Eco-Boost then the 3.0 diesel.
Anybody got a solid set of specs?
Did you buy another F150 eco or go with the diesel? Or some other brand? My wife has been pushing me to get something new. Kind of looking at F250, but not sure it is needed for only towing about 5000 miles a year.
__________________
2015 Sunset Trail 270bh
2011 Ford f150 Eco Beast 3.73-max tow-max payload, man mirrors

Screen Name = half Labrador, half Beagle and full of attitude.
Labbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 08:14 AM   #3
Site Team
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: WI.
Posts: 8,006
I haven't signed on the dotted line for anything--yet.
I have ruled out the new ford eco diesel tho. The dealers I have talked to so far are not real keen on them.
__________________
2008 Cruiser CF26RK
2013 Ford Eco-Boost
Heavy duty payload - Max tow
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 09:14 AM   #4
Full Time Camper
 
travelin texans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labbie View Post
Did you buy another F150 eco or go with the diesel? Or some other brand? My wife has been pushing me to get something new. Kind of looking at F250, but not sure it is needed for only towing about 5000 miles a year.
With your RV at 30'+ go with the 250/2500 diesel, you'll be glad you did. Just a guess but you're most likely right at or over the payload of a 1/2 ton truck with that rv.
__________________
Danny & Linda
Sold my '13 Redwood 36FB
Currently rv & truckless
travelin texans is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 09:33 AM   #5
Site Team
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: WI.
Posts: 8,006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labbie View Post
Did you buy another F150 eco or go with the diesel? Or some other brand? My wife has been pushing me to get something new. Kind of looking at F250, but not sure it is needed for only towing about 5000 miles a year.

With the weight and length of your rig, any 1/2 ton properly equipped should be more then adequate.
  • Dimensions. 30.5 ft. (366 in.) 11.17 ft. (134 in.)
  • Weight. 5,366 lbs. 2,248 lbs. 7,614 lbs. 614 lbs.
  • Holding Tanks. 40.0 gal. 26.0 gal. 26.0 gal.

For example, a f150 that Mark5w and I have would be more then adequate.
With a towing capacity of 11000# +
and a hauling rating of 2300# +
That is more then enough for your rig in my opinion.
Plus they will ride better and be more fuel efficient then a 3/4 ton.
__________________
2008 Cruiser CF26RK
2013 Ford Eco-Boost
Heavy duty payload - Max tow
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 06:04 PM   #6
Weekend Camper
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Illinois
Posts: 50
Lloyd - wondering if you pulled the trigger

I have been browsing but need to get paramedics with defibrillator paddles on stand by. These things aren't cheap especially when building one the way I would want. I been contemplating getting a mildly used F250 gas for about the same price. The fuel mileage and rough ride turn me off though. Good Luck, Jim
__________________
Jim
16 - 211RD
2009 Silverado 1500
xltjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 06:52 PM   #7
Site Team
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: WI.
Posts: 8,006
Quote:
Originally Posted by xltjim View Post
Lloyd - wondering if you pulled the trigger

I have been browsing but need to get paramedics with defibrillator paddles on stand by. These things aren't cheap especially when building one the way I would want. I been contemplating getting a mildly used F250 gas for about the same price. The fuel mileage and rough ride turn me off though. Good Luck, Jim
Haven't came home with one yet. I'm kinda like an old hen on the nest. After I got done shopping around back in Nov. I realized the only thing they were offering any rebates/incentives on, were the 2019's. (to many of them on the lots yet)
I decided to wait until after the first of the year and see what they had for rebates on the 2020's. I haven't gotten back out there yet to check things out.


I thought about a F250 to, but with the figures they've got on the new 2020 Eco Boost for towing and pay load, I changed my mind on that also.
__________________
2008 Cruiser CF26RK
2013 Ford Eco-Boost
Heavy duty payload - Max tow
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 07:09 PM   #8
Family Vacation Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: S. Illinois (means South of I-80)
Posts: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
Haven't came home with one yet. I'm kinda like an old hen on the nest. After I got done shopping around back in Nov. I realized the only thing they were offering any rebates/incentives on, were the 2019's. (to many of them on the lots yet)
I decided to wait until after the first of the year and see what they had for rebates on the 2020's. I haven't gotten back out there yet to check things out.


I thought about a F250 to, but with the figures they've got on the new 2020 Eco Boost for towing and pay load, I changed my mind on that also.
I have been looking too not enough rebates, I put an offer on a f250 diesel, we are $2500 apart and neither side is budging.
__________________
2015 Sunset Trail 270bh
2011 Ford f150 Eco Beast 3.73-max tow-max payload, man mirrors

Screen Name = half Labrador, half Beagle and full of attitude.
Labbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 07:51 PM   #9
Weekend Camper
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Illinois
Posts: 57
I have a 2018 with the 3.5 Eco and pull a 32 ft z-1. Power is not an issue and it has a 13,000 tow capacity. The only thing I will say is I have not had any issue towing and last summer we did right around 9000 miles and at times would have been happy with a heavier TV. Again, no issues but it would have been nice.
__________________
2016 CR Z1 32 bhs
smoke33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Crossroads RV or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×