Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-23-2013, 03:14 PM   #1
New Camper

Hi,

I got a Elevation 4012 which Im towing with a Ram 3500 with a Pullrite Superglide hitch. Good combo overall, but on some of our roads we get janked about quite a bit, and from some research i found some people are upgrading their pinbox to a 5th airborne or other airride pinboxes.

However, i can not find info anywhere which one is a best in class solution. I just want it fixed before hitting the road for a few weeks on vacation.

Rgds,
PeterEdited by: Peter Olsson
Peter Olsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 04:03 PM   #2
New Camper

Also seen a lot that are using the Morryde pinbox, maybe this is a better combo than the 5th airborne with the Pullrite superglide?

PeterEdited by: Peter Olsson
Peter Olsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 08:40 PM   #3
Full Time Camper

Quite a few if us have gone to the Demco glide rite pin,WOrks well for me. and has no maitance or shocks or air bags to wear out

Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 02:39 PM   #4
Seasonal Camper

We've got the TrailAir TriGlide and like it very much. It has to be greased on a regular basis but that's not a big problem. You do need to have the air shock pumped appropriately.

We did get ours when Lippert was running a special so it's not quite as bad a sticker shock as it could have been.

The Demco without the airbag and not needing greasing could be an advantage. My advice is to look at both.

2021 Alliance Paradigm 365RD
WoodcarvingGypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 03:12 PM   #5
Weekend Camper

We just got back from our first trip since using the MOR/Ryde pin box. It worked out great and took out most of the chucking motion. You can still feel it, but it is hardly noticeable.

I went the the MOR/Ryde because it was no maintenance and I found it for a good price on Tweetys. I didn't want a system with airbags due to the intense desert heat we have during the summer. I also have the Pullrite Superglide, so you can't go wrong with that combination.

Todd
2013 Sunset Trails SF28BH
Accoster is offline   Reply With Quote