Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-06-2014, 06:50 PM   #21
Site Team

[QUOTE=OhioMark;77131]Question 1: You can get 3.15, 3.31, 3.55, 3.73 and 4.10s.

When did they start offering the 4.10s in the f150 Eco Boost?
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 07:02 PM   #22
Site Team

They make it, and it's available in the FX 4. Cannot get the max payload with it.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 07:11 PM   #23
Site Team

I guess that's why I was unaware of it. It wasn't offered with the packages I got.
Is it available in both 2WD and 4WD?
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 07:28 PM   #24
Site Team

2 wd standard cab

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 08:21 PM   #25
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark5w View Post
Correct. They will not be made with pure aluminum. It will be an aluminum alloy of the type they use in Government Humvee's. As far as insurance rates my insurer said the rates will not be that much higher since most panels are now replaced and not repaired.

Both my agent and body shop working on my 2011 said the higher cost is in the labor of repairs too, not just materials.. Aluminum takes more time to work with. (Paint, etc).

I do love the idea my wheel wells will never rust out. Nothing like seeing a shiny clean 250 or 350 5 years old with rotted out fender/wheel wells.

2017 Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7 King Ranch Crew
Sold the 2016 Crossroads Sunset Trail Grand Reserve 32BH
2020 Grand Design Momentum 320G
OhioMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 10:01 PM   #26
Full Time Camper

I will only speak to options... I had an 09 f250 with the lariat package. I loved my heated seats. Power seats and power pedals are nice but the memory option for setting these for 2 drivers is even better because you can push a button and have everything set to your settings. Power rear sliding window is nice to have. The other really nice thing was the integrated brake controller. Spray in bedliners are much better than those plastic things. Back up sensors and camera were a must for DH and very helpful for hooking up and parking. I would skip the hard tonneau cover. Speaking g from experience, they are a pain when you want to use your bed for anything taller. I got a soft trifold tonneau that clamps on. No snaps, easy to use, easy to reveal most of your bed, easy to take on and off if necessary. I could lock my tailgate so items in the bed were still reasonably secure. Options are just that and everyone will have their opinion. As much as I loved these options on my Ford, I gave most of my creature comforts up to afford the truck that could handle my next tt.

As for gearing, take some time to figure out the loaded tt Wright and loaded tongue weight of your current tt choice. Then think about the fact that many upgrade to a larger tt within a couple of years, I would buy a truck that can handle a possible tt upgrade to help avoid the circle of purchases... buy 1st tt for current TV, realize current TV can't handle it, get new TV for current tt, realize you want a bigger tt (tv can handle a little more), fall in love with a bigger heavier tt, need new TV to handle bigger tt and the circle goes on (been there still playing that game with my 3rd tv and looking at 2nd tt after 3yrs of ownership).

2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

***Member of the Mason-Dixon Group***
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote