Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-09-2021, 09:14 AM   #1
New Camper

Refrigerator

I have a 2015 RFZ32RE. My refrigerator is displaying flashing lights for the electric and propane modes with no unit operation. How do I fix this?
I've turned all power off then turned the refrigerator to "Off", turned all power on then the refrigerator to "Auto". The solid green electrical light comes on, then a couple of seconds later the solid yellow propane light comes on then after several more seconds they both begin to flash. I've checked the breakers and the fuses panel doesn't show any faults. I may also have a problem with the battery trickle charging, I'm in the process of trying to verify that.
Any suggestions?
Any trouble shooting I should do to identify electrical system problems?
Thanks in advance for any assistance.
John Friebele
JFriebele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 10:09 AM   #2
Site Team

Are you connected to 120 volts? The refrigerator needs to be connected to the campground power or a generator to run on electric. Make sure you have propane in your tanks and the valves are open. Keep repeating the process until the light flashes and it will eventually light but you can speed up the process by turning on something else that uses propane further away from the tanks like you hot water heater.

2013 Silverado 2500HD LTZ CC 6.6L Duramax Diesel
2023 Rockwood 2445WS
Buster, miniature Dachshund
2023: 9 trips, 48 nights in 12 states, 2 provinces, 8120 miles
2022: 3 trips, 18 nights in 4 states, 2352 miles
2019: 7 trips, 43 nights in 6 states, 5336 miles
DavisK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 04:06 PM   #3
Seasonal Camper

Verify you do have power at the fridge plug. You should be able to do this by removing cover on outside and check the plug with a corded tool. Also because it’s not kicking in on propane, double check you have tanks on and run stove for a minute or so to get any air out of the line.
660catman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 06:37 PM   #4
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFriebele View Post
I have a 2015 RFZ32RE. My refrigerator is displaying flashing lights for the electric and propane modes with no unit operation. How do I fix this?
I've turned all power off then turned the refrigerator to "Off", turned all power on then the refrigerator to "Auto". The solid green electrical light comes on, then a couple of seconds later the solid yellow propane light comes on then after several more seconds they both begin to flash. I've checked the breakers and the fuses panel doesn't show any faults. I may also have a problem with the battery trickle charging, I'm in the process of trying to verify that.
Any suggestions?
Any trouble shooting I should do to identify electrical system problems?
Thanks in advance for any assistance.
John Friebele
That same thing happened to our old Sunset Trail and it ended up being a tripped gfi in the bathroom but on the same circuit.
2021 Ford F-250 XLT Premium
6.2L, 6 3/4 ft bed, FX4. Tow pkg.
sjk1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 05:43 PM   #5
Wit
Weekend Camper

Same here, had a tripped GFI in the kitchen. It cut the power to the fridge.
Wit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 09:39 PM   #6
Family Vacation Member

With the lights flashing I believe that you have power coming to the fridge in some form, either 12vdc or 110ac. If the trailer is connected to 110vac you should be able to use the fridge on electric. If you still get flashing lights you will have to check your manual under troubleshooting to find this problem. Some manuals are found on this site if you dig around for them.

If you are using gas, make sure the gas line from the tanks are clear of any air blockage. Turn on your stove, bbq, outside stove just to help clear the lines. I usually have to do this if the trailer has sat for a long time or changing tanks.

The fridge does not work on 12vdc. That works the lights but will not operate the fridge compressor. 12vdc will operate the flashing lights that you see.

Should be a easy fix (I hope) if you can find the manual for your fridge. Google can help here too.
Old 06-14-2021, 01:48 PM   #7
Site Team

What is the make and model of your refrigerator? That will help to get the correct answer. There are codes that flash to tell you what is wrong.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 05:17 PM   #8
Seasonal Camper

I had some issues getting my fridge up and running first time this year, on gas with just 12v. Lights flashing, switched on and off 10 or so times, same thing...
Took the cover off the outside, to see if the pilot was lighting, no dice. Gave it a small blast of canned air to clean things up, and tried again, she lit right up.
easy fix, might be worth a look.
Old 06-14-2021, 07:12 PM   #9
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrizz View Post
I had some issues getting my fridge up and running first time this year, on gas with just 12v. Lights flashing, switched on and off 10 or so times, same thing...
Took the cover off the outside, to see if the pilot was lighting, no dice. Gave it a small blast of canned air to clean things up, and tried again, she lit right up.
easy fix, might be worth a look.

Years back we had a truck camper that was a problem to get to light - every year.
It would get a thin string of something between the igniter and flame senser (I think) I was able to see it in the burner tube.
Anyway after that was cleaned out it would fire right up.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2022, 07:59 PM   #10
Weekend Camper

I have a 2006 Crossroads Zinger and I'd like to thank all of the contributors to this refrigerator thread. In the end, I think I was being impatient with my refrigerator, but in any case it's getting cold now.
Old 06-08-2022, 08:54 PM   #11
Family Vacation Member

Great to hear that it is finally working. What was the problem and how did you fix it. That helps for anyone else having the same issue.