Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-12-2016, 08:44 PM   #21
Weekend Camper

I have a Husky 16K . I like it. It wraps all the way around the king pin (as mentioned above) and does cut down the "clunking" noticeably. Previously had Draw Tite. Also have nothing bad to say about it - just like Husky better.

Boiler Up!
Baboiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 12:22 AM   #22
Weekend Camper

We kicked the tires on the Rezerve today. We like the rv. We have however found a Keystone Hideout bunkhouse with some features we like that the Rezerve doesn't have. As I was doing some research I found a lot of dissatisfied Keystone owners. Quality and service issues seem to be at a high level with Keystone. This made me curious as to what I could find concerning Crossroads quality and service track record. I was disappointed to find many many complaints about them as well. Even in this forum a simple search returns quite a few disgruntled owners. Gotta be honest it has left me a bit hesitant to sign the papers on this camper.
I understand folks with issues will more freely express their displeasure than those without. However there does seem to be a pattern. I gather this company has undergone some management change recently. Can anyone speak to this and if there has been a marked improvement in the product? The 2 year warranty gave me a bit more confidence but if it's just an additional year of fighting with customer service to try and resolve an issue - not sure that is much comfort. I would enjoy hearing any of your input you can give me from personal experience. I would add we are dealing with Wana RV here in Indiana and they are minutes from the factories. They seem like good people but this is our first dealings with them.
Old 01-17-2016, 06:25 AM   #23
Full Time Camper

You can look up any of the RV manufactures and see the same complaints. Why? Because they all use the same parts to put their rigs together. Finding a good dealer who will stand behind the products they sell and help you with any warranty claims is more important than who makes the rig. Do your own inspection before signing. Look at and run everything. If something doesn't work right or is off, get it fixed before you pull it off the lot.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Jason & Wendy
2014 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L PSD
2015 Keystone Montana 3711FL
B&W Patriot 16K Fifth Wheel Hitch
cw3jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 06:32 AM   #24
Site Team

Excellent advise Jason.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 09:23 AM   #25
Seasonal Camper

You absolutely must do a good pre-delivery inspection (PDI). There are a ton of checklists available on various RV websites that can assist you. I took the one I used for my Key West and trimmed it down for use with our new Hill Country. It was a simple checklist but was still three pages long.

It is also a good idea to go to the PDI with another experienced RVer. Frequently, the dealer will try to breeze through the PDI so it's nice to have someone else there to make sure that everything is explained and demonstrated adequately and that you don't miss anything. Another set of trained eyes might be able to spot issues or areas of concern that you might miss.

Also, keep a good list of things that you need the dealer to tweak and/or repair. There is frequently a form you will sign at the end of the PDI that lists those needed repairs. Do NOT trust the dealer to make them. Take the time to go back and inspect those repairs. Only when you are happy should you sign the delivery form(s) and take ownership of your new RV.

Our home base -- 2018 Grand Design Solitude 375RES -- The "Uno Mas!"
The mobile office -- 2016 Crossroads Hill Country HCT26RB -- The "Poquito Mas!"
Gone but not forgotten: 2015 Heartland Landmark 365 Key West (lost to Hurricane Harvey)
TxCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 09:42 AM   #26
Weekend Camper

I just bought that same fifthwheel December 2015. I also tow it with a GMC 2500 with the 6.5 foot bed. When I bought the trailer I also financed in the B&w companion slider. This fifthwheel does not have the max turn technology. I backed into my driveway once without sliding the hitch back and it was close and not even a tight turn. If you can get away from never having a super tight back up situation or backing up a incline you could get away without a slider hitch. Another option that might be out there is a extended pin box for this trailer. I had one of the extended pin boxes on my last fifthwheel and didn't need a slider. Since the king pin sits close to the nose cap on this fifthwheel I went with a slider to be safe.
judflowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 02:01 PM   #27
Weekend Camper

Where on this site do you get the PDI checklists?
wissel12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 02:04 PM   #28
Weekend Camper

Judflowers how do you like your new trailer? Any problems with it?
Old 01-19-2016, 02:15 PM   #29
Site Team

PDI checklist is under the "Documents" section

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 02:25 PM   #30
Weekend Camper

Thanks mark5w
Old 01-21-2016, 07:47 PM   #31
Weekend Camper

So we signed the papers today and scheduled for pick up 1-30-16. For anyone that bought a similar model recently is the slide remote standard equipment or an option? What all does the remote control ?

Boiler Up!
Old 02-15-2016, 10:14 AM   #32
Weekend Camper

So it has to go back in for work already. E1 error on thermostat and heater won't work. Also need brakes adjusted. Had my controller maxed out and was not enough. Should I ask dealer to adjust brakes or is that more my responsibility? Hope this not a sign of things to come !

Boiler Up!
Old 02-15-2016, 10:36 AM   #33
Site Team

Adjusting brakes is not that hard to do. But, I would think they should have been adjusted properly when you took delivery.

By the way, that is a nice looking unit! Congrats.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 11:04 AM   #34
Sue
Weekend Camper

Baboiler, we bought our Rezerve from Wana Rv also and had no problems with them. We drove from Tennessee to Indiana to buy it because they beat everyone's prices and stayed in their campground close by for 3 days which they offer for free to make sure everything was ok before heading back home. They are very thorough and everything was as ordered. No regrets.
Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 04:21 AM   #35
New Camper

I have a rfz27bh I have no cab issues towing it with my 06 Chevy short box 2500hd that has a headache rack and a low pro tool box in the back.
Old 02-24-2016, 07:46 AM   #36
Weekend Camper

Good to hear. Looks like I have trailer hitch interference before I'll have cab issues. I will raise hitch a notch before next pull. May end up with rv a little more nose high than I'd like.

Boiler Up!
Old 02-25-2016, 09:47 AM   #37
Weekend Camper

We tow a 2016 RFZ27BH with a short bed crew cab 2014 RAM 2500. We went with a slider, because we plan on getting out into places we've never seen before and can't guarantee the turns and backups we'll need to make. Rather be safe than sorry.

We only got it out on 2 trips before we winterized as we bought so late last season. Didn't have any issues though and during the PDI we only discovered a couple minor adjustments that our inspector did on the spot while we observed.

Congrats on your new purchase and hopefully you get everything all worked out.
COCamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 10:06 AM   #38
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baboiler View Post
So it has to go back in for work already. E1 error on thermostat and heater won't work. Also need brakes adjusted. Had my controller maxed out and was not enough. Should I ask dealer to adjust brakes or is that more my responsibility? Hope this not a sign of things to come !

Boiler Up!
Sorry to ask these questions a little late but here goes --

Who makes your thermostat? Had a friend with a Dometic thermostat and the same code issue you mention above. In the owner's manual for that thermostat is a factory reset option by holding down two specific buttons for about 10 seconds. I did that for him and his AC and furnace then worked normally.

Also, what is your tow vehicle? If it's a late model RAM truck, there is some chat over on the RAM forum about the brake controller not providing sufficient volts to the electrical braking system (in some instances).

HTH

Our home base -- 2018 Grand Design Solitude 375RES -- The "Uno Mas!"
The mobile office -- 2016 Crossroads Hill Country HCT26RB -- The "Poquito Mas!"
Gone but not forgotten: 2015 Heartland Landmark 365 Key West (lost to Hurricane Harvey)
TxCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 10:25 AM   #39
Weekend Camper

Ya we tried the reset and unhooked the battery. Neither had an effect.

Our truck is a 2011 Silverado 2500. The brake control worked fine with our old trailer. I watched a couple online videos on how to adjust trailer brakes. Doesn't look to tough. If dealer doesn't want to do it , I can.

Boiler Up!
Old 03-02-2016, 07:49 PM   #40
New Camper

We have the 2015 31bh and tow with a Dodge Megacab with the 6'4" bed. The hitch is a B&W companion without the slider. It tows great and I can probably turn up to about 85 degrees. I
have not found the need for a slider yet, and have not regretted saving the extra $500.
stickcfd38 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rezerve