Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-07-2020, 04:52 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

schwintek slide out electric motors assembly wiring

I hope someone can help me out I have a 2012 Crossroads sunset trail reserve 31 BH the power source cord caught fire and had no power so the dealership recommend that they pull the 2 electric motors out of the Schwintek slider to allow them to slide the unit in. I’m not sure how to start assemble of them unfortunately they are in a number of pieces. I could definitely use a diagram or a schematic of this motor assembly. I’m attaching the pictures of what I have if anyone could assist me or any recommendations would be appreciated. Hopefully all the gears and pieces are here to allow me to re assembly them both. Thank you in advance for any assistance you can offer me.
Old 10-07-2020, 06:51 PM   #2
Site Team

If your dealer tore it apart and left it in that type of a mess, I can't imagine that they wouldn't put it back together. That is BS!!!

Anyway, have you looked in our Document section at the top of the page? There is info there on Lippert and the SCHWINTEK SLIDE OUT SERVICE MANUAL.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 07:04 PM   #3
Weekend Camper

Hello thank you for the link to the service manual it will help hopefully I can find the schematic diagram for the electric motor so I can assemble it properly I understand parts are available at Amazon so I’ll order through them.
P/S It wasn’t the dealer that took it apart they only suggested it be done the people who had it removed the motors don’t know why they are in pieces like that.
Old 10-15-2020, 02:49 PM   #4
Family Vacation Member

You may want to check the price on a new unit. Sometimes they are cheaper than the cost of parts + time to rebuild. Especically if they have a warranty.
2020 Silverado HD3500 Duramax
TexSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 04:42 PM   #5
Seasonal Camper

It looks to me like your missing the drive end of the motor.
https://www.amazon.com/Lippert-23657.../dp/B00S2ICOO2
Old 10-15-2020, 06:30 PM   #6
Weekend Camper

Thumbs up Re Schwintek slider motors

Thank you for your post this model has the drive end of the motor still attached at each side and the motor sits in it and this allows it to operate. I have put together the slider motors now just have to do some soldering of the wires and then re install them and hope for the best. If they don’t work I’ll then need to purchase news ones for the one slide.
Old 10-15-2020, 09:09 PM   #7
Seasonal Camper

Just curious, what holds the motor to the drive end? Never seen one taken apart that far. Normally you remove the screw on the outside of the slide (behind the bulb seal) , then pull the motor and drive end straight up and out as a one piece unit.
Old 10-16-2020, 01:58 AM   #8
Weekend Camper

Thumbs up Re slider motors

Inside you have the main body of the motor that’s one piece and then you have 3 rotating metal round disks that have 3 gears on each one then you have the sleeve body that goes over them. The sleeve is about 3 inches long and on you put a screw on each side into the sleeve that holds it all together and at the bottom you put a flat washer very thin and you will see a gear in the centre of it. You then place the motor on top of the gear base that’s attached inside the side wall with anywhere from 3- 4 gears on this one that’s how they all work together through gears going around inside and that operates the gear that moves the slider out on each side. I understand the screw on the outside is only to stop the motor from moving around while engaged I read that you can a,so use a 1 inch piece of pvp pipe and wedge it on top of the motor works just as well and easier to get out again as well.I hope this explanation sounds reasonable to you this is the process I used to fix it just take it slow doing it lots of small gears.
Old 10-16-2020, 07:19 AM   #9
Seasonal Camper

Gotcha, Thank you.