Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-22-2021, 10:28 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

Slow slide out speed?

We just purchased a 2013 Sunset Trail Reserve ST32FR and brought it home yesterday. When deploying the main slide with the dinette and sofa, is it normal for it to move slow?

Our last TT was a 2006 Forest River Salem 23FBL (with only one slide), and it deployed relatively quickly. Could it be that I’m still just used to a smaller TT and slide compared to my new trailer and the significant size difference? It does not appear to be (or sound like) it’s struggling or binding at all and it moves smoothly.

I will admit, this is our second TT and I am amazed at all the features this new camper has!!! Our last one was pretty much manual everything (awning, jacks, etc), minus the slide... The differences between the two trailers are crazy! I started laughing when the awning came out at the push of a button. And don’t get me started on the SWIVELING TV/FIREPLACE��!!!

(Ok, I’m done gushing...for now)
Mbrockman5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 05:05 AM   #2
Weekend Camper

Thumbs up Re 2012 Crossroads Sunset Reserve 31BH

We have a 2012 Crossroads Sunset Reserve 31BH it’s amazing all the features it has ours has a bunk house and it sleeps 10 people in total love the leveling jacks on it and the Awning. The interior is very roomy and the TV and the fire place that swivel from the bedroom to the living room is a nice touch as well. The out door kitchen is very handy if you don’t want to keep running in and out. It’s nice also having the propane line accessible at the back for the portable barbecue I’m very pleased with it at this point but it’s also our very first TT as well.
Old 04-23-2021, 08:02 AM   #3
Seasonal Camper

I have a new-to-me '15 ST33FR we just bought this spring w/3 slides and they all seem to operate at about the same speed.

It is slower than my '08 Rockwood, but not that much slower. I think I'd look into the wiring some tinder if it's getting the proper voltage. Could be corrosion causing a voltage drop with the DC motor.

Just a thought.

I really like mine too for the most part. I don't have a walkable roof which was a big disappointment coming from my Rockwood but I'll make due. I also miss the exterior lighting the other camper had. Love the space and yes, the tv/fireplace is nice (as is the residential queen bed).

Currently located between Georgia and Insanity.

007matman AKA Matt
007matman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 07:40 PM   #4
Family Vacation Member

I have a 2013 ST25RB and the slide operates in it's own good time, it seems. I think it can depend on if you are operating direct from the battery or hooked up to 100v. It is all 12vDC to operate but when hooped up to power it seems to have a better speed. The other thought on this is how level is the trailer. I just read a posting where they added rollers on the outside to keep the slide off the outside lip of the opening. With the floor dragging at this spot adds more resistance on the motors.

Can't wait to hear some other thoughts on this subject
Old 04-29-2021, 07:56 PM   #5
Weekend Camper

Thanks @Yakherder... The trailer is currently parked on the street in front of my house, so it’s not quite horizontally level (tilted down on door side).

We got a free 1-year Thousand Trails membership when we bought it. We found a Thousand Trails RV “resort” about 15 minutes south of us (Lake Minden, CA), so we’re going to take it there for a week as a test run and play around with/learn about everything, and bring that close to home would make it easy to run back home for emergency tools or whatever.