Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-08-2021, 09:19 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

ST32FR rear bumper weight limit?

Does anyone know what the weight limit for the rear bumper is? I want to bolt on a hitch receiver for a bike rack, but I can’t find any info on how much it can hold. It looks fairly sturdy and the welds look like they’re in good shape. I just want to make sure before doing this.
Mbrockman5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 10:01 PM   #2
Site Team

Here's a link for you to check out.

https://www.crossroadsowners.com/for...ack-15766.html

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 07:45 PM   #3
Weekend Camper

Ok. I was just curious. My last camper was a 2006 Forest River Salem 23FBL that I bought from my dad and it had a clamp-on 2” receiver that he mounted on the factory rear bumper. He would either have a bike rack with bikes, or a basket that held a big ice chest or a Honda Eu3000is generator and he never had any issues. When I got the camper I would carry 3 of my daughters bikes on every trip all up and down California.

I sold that camper to my in-laws and we all took our campers out this last week. When I was showing my FIL how to do some things I took a look at the bumper and it looks like the same construction and mounts/welds as my Sunset Trail’s bumper.
Old 05-10-2021, 08:15 PM   #4
Full Time Camper

I wouldn’t put any bike rack on the bumper without the Mount-N-Lock safety struts or a custom reciever welded to the frame. Just a matter of time before the bouncing of the bike rack stresses out the bumper welds and it fails. Been there done that!

*I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne
Papa-T is offline   Reply With Quote