Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-24-2018, 04:51 PM   #1
Family Vacation Member

How much does it cost to repair roof?

I was fixing some damage inside from a leak, when I found out that it is still leaking. I think the rubber roof needs to be peeled back about 3 feet and the wood underneath replaced. Does anyone have any idea how much this would cost to have done?
Dallasrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 10:22 PM   #2
Gone Traveling

First call,your insurance to check about coverage, second contact RV Armour. RVA is a spray on roof coating, they come to you to install & warranted for life.
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 06:23 PM   #3
Weekend Camper

RV Amour came to my campsite in Fl. and replaced 6 ft due wind damaged epdm. my insurance covered it....5000.00$. plus they coated the rest of the roof.
Old 07-05-2018, 02:17 PM   #4
Weekend Camper

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallasrules View Post
I was fixing some damage inside from a leak, when I found out that it is still leaking. I think the rubber roof needs to be peeled back about 3 feet and the wood underneath replaced. Does anyone have any idea how much this would cost to have done?
I did not have the knowledge, nor was I offered the information from either Lazydays were we bought this trailer, our 3rd from them or Camping World that actually replaced our roof. Framing, wood decking, rubber roof installed on our 28 foot trailer was $ 7,985. If i would have known about the alternative i would have jumped at it. My insurance company, Progressive would not touch the claim.
papabear9695 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 07:46 AM   #5
Family Vacation Member

Not a bad deal

I got a quote from camping world for $7100 to replace the roof. I found another local place that says $4600. That is a new roof and replacing all the wood and seals. I think I am going to go for it. They sound like they know what they are talking about.
Old 07-14-2018, 11:52 AM   #6
Family Vacation Member

Dropped the trailer off yesterday to have the new roof put on. The quote after he went on top and checked it out was $4800. There is about a 2 week wait and another week to get it done. The guy seems really knowledgeable and has tons of pictures of trailers he has done. That includes any new wood needed, new laminate new seals and new rubber roof. The parts list was around $2700, so if Camping world is charging $7100, they are cleaning up.