Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-08-2022, 03:11 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

Slide out wipe seal replacement 2020 sunset trail

Hello all. My 2020 outside wipe seals are being pulled off the side of the camper. When the slide is fully extended the seal is separating (being pulled towards the camper inside). When it's fully closed the seal goes back to just about the correct location. I'm pretty mechanically inclined but it looks like these wipe seals may be built so the inside wiper and outside wiper are all built in 1 piece and that the complete slide needs to be taken out to replace it. Has anyone ever had this done on their sunset trail? Also the bulb seals are looking great it's just the track that the bulb seals slide onto that's being pulled away from the side. It's only happening to the back side of the slide.
Any help would be great thanks.
Camping2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 06:08 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Sorry I’ve never replaced that. Fingers crossed! Maybe someone else will jump in with more money information.

*I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne
Papa-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 06:28 AM   #3
Site Team

Just so I can understand you a little better--------
The wiper seals on my rig turn/ fold either in or out when the slide is moved. When the slide is going out it should cause the seals to turn out when it does this, and fold/turn in when the slide is retracted. Is this what you are referring to?
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 07:25 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

It's strange how it's doing it. When fully retracted the seal looks normal. When side is fully extended the seal frame/mounting frame/channel get pulled towards the inside. The flap does come outward when extending slide but the base is getting pulled in. I took pictures but it's very hard to see it on the picture.
Camping2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 11:20 AM   #5
Site Team

From what you are telling me, it sounds like the big flapper seals are not turning/flipping either in or out as needed when the slide is activated.
I have to watch mine when I put the slide either in or out. Sometimes I have to manually help the seals turn in the right direction when I move the slide. In fact the top seal is the worst on mine. I have a 2 ft. step ladder I carry in the truck and I take it in the camper when moving the slide. With that I can see the top of the slide and help the seal get flipped in the correct direction if it needs it. AND it usually does.

I have seen where some have glued a piece of belting on top of the slide, and on the side wall of the slide. The seal will hit that and it will help it get turn in the right direction.

Now, I'm not saying this is your problem without seeing it, but it will give you something to investigate.
Good luck, and let us know what you come up with.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2022, 06:53 PM   #6
Weekend Camper

***update*** slide seal is fixed by dealer. Turns out the cable pulleys on the bottom were not even Attached to framework from the factory and also the H-column wasn't screwed to frame either. So once the dealer Attached the pully bracket and screwed the H-column in place the seal doesn't move a bit.

Tags
slide seals, sunset trail, wipe seal