Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-30-2015, 05:33 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

Zinger furnace blowing 15 amp fuse

Ok everyone need some help got my zinger 32db in February this year and at the end of the season we camped one last time it was chilly in morning so used furnace one morning, warmed up camper nicely. Then at some point I noticed the front tv entertainment system would not power on and realized I had blown a fuse of which I had no extras and by then didn't need the furnace anymore. Fast forward to now recently started using the camper for my home office since we have six little ones it was a nice quiet place to work and I have everything that I need since I put a 30 amp plug on outside of garage so it's always plugged in, recently however here in Indiana it's quite cold so I normally just use electric heater in there however it is necessary on very cold days to get the initial chill out of the camper to use furnace and then maintain with electric heater.

All that to get to the problem the furnace is blowing fuses, generally when the unit tries to kick on and it doesn't always do it but it is doing it a lot today I replaced the fuse and turned it on only to blow new one right away. I have warranty just hate to pull it clear north to get serviced but may need to, any help is appreciated.

Tia
4 way Equalizer WDH
Hightech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 08:35 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

Are you absolutely sure the new fuse was the same amperage? No insult intended. If so, it sounds like the furnace is trying to draw too much current. Does the fan come on and basically sound OK? Not sure why it would blow....shouldn't draw too much current other than the fan.
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 05:49 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

No insult taken but yes I'm sure they are all 15 amp except one 40 amp one in the unit. No this fuse prevents the fan from coming on.
4 way Equalizer WDH
Old 12-31-2015, 08:09 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

Any chance mud daubers have nested preventing the fan from turning which would cause a higher amp draw?
2009 F-150XLT
Russb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 08:15 AM   #5
Site Team

Good thought Russ.
Any kind of a nest (even mouse) that has been started in there, or any rubbing of any kind can cause additional amp draw.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 06:28 PM   #6
Weekend Camper

Update... It turns out the factory had my furnace wired to the entire front bedroom section of the trailer causing overload on that circuit. It is now wired to its own fuse and works like a charm, that's the good news, bad news is I had to pay for repair so I could get fixed local and now I wait and see if check shows up from crossroads.
4 way Equalizer WDH
Old 01-23-2016, 06:39 PM   #7
Full Time Camper

Glad you got it fixed. Hopefully you will get a check fast. Odd they wired it up to the front 12v circuit. Someone really screwed up.
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 06:43 PM   #8
Site Team

Nice to have a report coming back on an issue. Thanks.
Glad you got it figured out and fixed.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote