Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-17-2021, 09:57 PM   #1
New Camper

Kitchen Sink won't drain/ slow drain

Hello all. We are new owners of a 2020 Crossroads Sunset trail travel trailer. We have been in our travel trailer for about a week now and all of the sudden our kitchen sink stopped draining. We can plunge it and it will drain eventually. We have snaked it and nothing. The pipes seem to be clean. We checked the P-trap and it is clean as well. We have no idea what to do. Has anyone else had this issue? What can we do? TIA
lurenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 07:03 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Check that the gray water drain valve is open. It is possible that the tank is full.
2009 F-150XLT
Russb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 08:06 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

If the gray tank valve is open, but little to no water drains out. You likely have a clog caused by hair, grease, or food buildup in your tank or drain. Try this first: https://youtu.be/VlO2XkaFW1c

*I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne
Papa-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 08:32 PM   #4
Seasonal Camper

You mentioned 'new' owners. It would be helpful to know the exact model of your camper so we can look at the plumbing setup. You can add that information to the signature line of your profile.
As new owners, it could be an operational type issue. If you have plumbing fixtures on opposite ends of your camper, you probably have two grey tanks, and are missing draining one. Get down on all fours and look for another waste valve handle, not necessarily in the same area as the others.
Are there other fixtures that use water near the sink in question? If so, do those drain correctly?
Wingerdinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2021, 06:39 AM   #5
Site Team

You say that you cleaned the P trap. So now follow the drain to the point where it ties into the vertical drain pipe. Now go UP on the pipe and look for the end. There should be a vent or AAV - air admittance valve. Check that it is working and not stuck closed. This would not let the sink drain properly if stuck.
dagst1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2021, 08:26 AM   #6
New Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingerdinger View Post
You mentioned 'new' owners. It would be helpful to know the exact model of your camper so we can look at the plumbing setup. You can add that information to the signature line of your profile.
As new owners, it could be an operational type issue. If you have plumbing fixtures on opposite ends of your camper, you probably have two grey tanks and are missing a draining one. Get down on all fours and look for another waste valve handle, not necessarily in the same area as the others.
Are there other fixtures that use water near the sink in question? If so, do those drain correctly?

You are correct! We are newbies and have never owned a travel trailer before so we are ignorant to most things at this point. There are in fact two grey water tanks! We discovered this last night! I appreciate the feedback!
lurenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2021, 08:40 AM   #7
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurenda View Post
You are correct! We are newbies and have never owned a travel trailer before so we are ignorant to most things at this point. There are in fact two grey water tanks! We discovered this last night! I appreciate the feedback!
We appreciate that you let us know what you found. It will probably help others in the future.
Enjoy your 'new' camper!
Wingerdinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2021, 10:16 AM   #8
Full Time Camper

We’ve all been there (Newbie’s) at some point.

*I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne
Papa-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2021, 07:21 PM   #9
Family Vacation Member

Also make sure the vent is not clogged or blocked. There is a vent on top and mud dobbers love places like that, not to mention leaves get in it etc. If that vent is blocked in any way it will slow or prevent drainage. I am not sure on your trailer, but some also have a vent under the sink and if so make sure it didn't get blocked off in some way.
2020 Silverado HD3500 Duramax
TexSon is offline   Reply With Quote