Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-14-2017, 11:44 AM   #1
Family Vacation Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Donjamin
Lippert-Schwintek Slide Issues Again

We have a 2013 32RL CR STR 5th wheel that we bought new in 2014. On the last couple of trips we have had a problem with our kitchen slide. The slide drive motor at the rear of the rig was not engaging and the slide would move a couple of inches and then stop. For those of you who don't know, this is a Lippert-Schwintek slide system with the drive gear rack mounted to outside of the slide both top and bottom. I was able to go the Schwintek controller next to the fridge and override the system. I was then able to extend and retract the slide, I tried following the directions on the Lippert website to re-synch the slide motors with the controller to no avail. I finally gave up and took my rig in last week to have the slide looked at. I received a call this week from my RV service center that several teeth on both the rear top and bottom gear tracks were worn and/or broken and the drive motors would also have to be replaced. Thank goodness for purchasing an extended warranty when we bought our rig. As for the Lippert-Schwintek slide system, what a piece of junk. Considering we previously had an alignment issue with our main living area slide, it is time to start looking for another 5th wheel without the Lippert slide system.

D.
2013 Sunset Trail 32RL 5th Wheel (no longer own)
Donjamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 08:35 PM   #2
Family Vacation Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Donjamin
We got our 5th wheel back from dealer last week. Turns out the first couple of gear teeth on the slide itself were worn and broken. Ended up replacing the rails top and bottom, along with new drive motors. Extended warranty covered it. Final bill came to almost $1,800. The dealer said the motors were not aligned correctly with the slide track and this wore down the motor drive gears.

D.
2013 Sunset Trail 32RL 5th Wheel (no longer own)
Donjamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 03:47 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

Glad to here you got it fixed and the warranty covered the repairs.

2017 Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7 King Ranch Crew
Sold the 2016 Crossroads Sunset Trail Grand Reserve 32BH
2020 Grand Design Momentum 320G
OhioMark is offline   Reply With Quote