Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-03-2021, 07:33 AM   #1
srs
New Camper

No power to slide out

upon leaving a campsite i was unable to close the slide out in our 2017 rb 250. when i pushed the in/out toggle nothing happened. I checked the fuse, it was ok. I finally ran a modified extension cord (ends cut off and exposed wires) from the battery to the slide motor and managed to close the slide. but I still don't know what the problem is.
srs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 06:13 PM   #2
Site Team

Check the connections to the switch, they often loosen up.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2021, 03:16 PM   #3
Weekend Camper

Had the same problem on our 2013 Zinger 25RB a few years ago when we did a 3 month tour from Alberta to the maritimes - no clicking from the electric switch, had to resort to using the hand crank to open and close our single slide.
Talked to the dealership when we returned and he suggested it was likely moisture that got into the contacts of the switch. The humidity our east is very high during the summer and I attribute that was the problem as we haven't had any problem since.
keithm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2021, 11:33 PM   #4
Family Vacation Member

Most slide systems use solenoids controlled by the rocker switch; solenoids can clunk/ click, and still not connect internally; the more expensive solenoid may have silver contacts vs copper/ brass and good for more cycles, but the cheaper may last 10-20yrs for a slide, or not? Believe yours is trailer, but MHs may also have safety relays tied to
driver seat position, or parking break, o ign? LUCK... p.s. emerg procedures best learned in your driveway, when possible?
TerryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 05:24 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

Manual Slide Movement

This is a scary scenario. I don't even know how to manually move the slideout. I assume there are a lot of Youtube videos on this topic.
Old 11-08-2021, 08:44 AM   #6
Family Vacation Member

MOST slides power source is the battery and connection/wiring protected by 12vdc circuit breakers next to battery/ies, so you can also check to see if one of these breakers is tripped? Small button sticks out on small end of smaller ones means is tripped, press button back in. Some larger ones have a lever?
Old 11-08-2021, 09:03 AM   #7
Family Vacation Member

I can only suggest that you look everywhere and take pictures and try to identify brand/model, then search Online for user/owner, parts and service manuals? Then, in driveway, try to do what it says for emergency operation, and see if any special tools needed to carry with you (drill, socket, crank/ pump handle, socket, ratchet, etc?) FIND the related 12vdc circuit breakers?
Old 11-08-2021, 09:41 AM   #8
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryH View Post
I can only suggest that you look everywhere and take pictures and try to identify brand/model, then search Online for user/owner, parts and service manuals? Then, in driveway, try to do what it says for emergency operation, and see if any special tools needed to carry with you (drill, socket, crank/ pump handle, socket, ratchet, etc?)find the related 12vdc breakers?
In the power center, 12 volt devices use FUSES, not breakers, and 120 volt devices use breakers.
All the slideout manufacturers have good troubleshooting guides on their websites. Take some pictures of your slide, and we can identify it for you.
I can tell you that I've seen several posts with problems with the switches, very easily checked and replaced. I've had to replace both switches for my two slideouts.
Wingerdinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 10:56 AM   #9
Site Team

On our camper the slides draw power from the battery then to a self resetting circuit breaker all located in the cattery compartment.

Some others draw from the power center thru a fuse.

It is a good idea to research the type/brand of slide you have and the emergency procedure to retract it.
dagst1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 11:53 PM   #10
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingerdinger View Post
In the power center, 12 volt devices use FUSES, not breakers, and 120 volt devices use breakers.
All the slideout manufacturers have good troubleshooting guides on their websites. Take some pictures of your slide, and we can identify it for you.
I can tell you that I've seen several posts with problems with the switches, very easily checked and replaced. I've had to replace both switches for my two slideouts.
Sorry, but U R wrong, (on 99%) slides power bypasses power center, fed directly by battery, and protected by (12-vdc Breakers, usually located within 18" of battery), (on phone, or I wud give links, but Google or eBay/ Amazon search 12-vdc breakers?

Tags
rb 250