Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-09-2018, 10:54 AM   #21
Full Time Camper

Camper still locked up in storage for the winter. Here is a shot of the rear of the trailer from our trip last summer. You can see the camera mount.

I basically used the top marker light lead and mounted an LED marker on top of the base to keep me legal.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1869.jpg (352.6 KB, 47 views)

2017 Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7 King Ranch Crew
Sold the 2016 Crossroads Sunset Trail Grand Reserve 32BH
2020 Grand Design Momentum 320G
OhioMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 11:18 AM   #22
Full Time Camper

As an addendum

You need to make sure the marker lights are not close to the camera/near the lens. The light will washout video during night driving.

Old 04-09-2018, 12:40 PM   #23
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenannie View Post
I agree, they are handy and we have never had an issue with the signal either. It's going to take me a while to get use to using it though after years of relying on my mirrors and my backup captain - wife!
Just to be clear, Backing into spaces, this camera is a real...marriage saver if you know what i mean. However, I would never condone relying on the camera while driving. The fish eye lens warps dimensions of space and time. In plain speak, images creep up on you quickly on the screen, so I still always rely on my towing mirrors for changing lanes. The only real benefit while driving is keeping an eye on the blind spots.

Old 04-09-2018, 02:15 PM   #24
Site Team

Does Furrion support 2 camera's? Would like one also on the TV.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 03:01 PM   #25
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark5w View Post
Does Furrion support 2 camera's? Would like one also on the TV.
The Vision 2 Wireless Observation System has only 1 input for the display. There are systems out there that are wired and support multiple cameras, however Furrions NV2200 wired system looks a bit hokey to me. Maybe someone can comment. However, for the wireless sysytems I found, only single camera inputs were available.

Old 04-09-2018, 03:03 PM   #26
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioMark View Post
Just to be clear, Backing into spaces, this camera is a real...marriage saver if you know what i mean. However, I would never condone relying on the camera while driving. The fish eye lens warps dimensions of space and time. In plain speak, images creep up on you quickly on the screen, so I still always rely on my towing mirrors for changing lanes. The only real benefit while driving is keeping an eye on the blind spots.
The marriage saver on my truck went out the end of last season. I am wondering for optioms for both truck and trailer....
Labbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 03:09 PM   #27
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labbie View Post
The marriage saver on my truck went out the end of last season. I am wondering for optioms for both truck and trailer....
There's a company out there call rear view safety that has pretty good ratings on the various sites.

These systems are not cheap and take time to install, so stay away from the cheap systems on amazon and ebay.

Here's a really neat system that mocks the 360 cams on the luxury cars and high end models of trucks I've been looking at. That 360 birds eye view is really cool. I have it on my Ford Edge. They have less expensive 2 camera systems too. I'm not endorsing these guys, they just have good ratings from the the usual outlets for rv accessories (amazon, etrailer, etc)

https://www.rearviewsafety.com/360-b...rvs-78317.html

Here's a cool video of it working on an airstream.

Dont get me wrong, I love my Furrion system...other than my trailer broke down in the parking lot of their world headquarters...true story and entirely too long for me to explain...so a picture is worth a thousand words..'
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1837.jpg (139.8 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1835.jpg (299.1 KB, 12 views)

Old 04-21-2018, 03:46 PM   #28
New Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenannie View Post
you need to make sure your running lights are on. Turn on the headlights and see if that turns on the camera.
Quote:
Originally Posted by airbag View Post
Lights were on as the car was running and headlights are automatic.
Mike you were correct. When i manually turned on the headlights the Furrion camera on the trailer activated right away. I also confirmed the same info with the dealer's technician. Thanks!
airbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 07:55 PM   #29
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioMark View Post
Just to be clear, Backing into spaces, this camera is a real...marriage saver if you know what i mean. ........

That is easily the biggest source of arguments when we camp.
Old 09-25-2021, 01:28 PM   #30
New Camper

Pre-wired for back up camera

Has anyone had issues the the wiring of the pre-wried back up camera? Or with the driver's side blinker on the 2021 Volante Travel Trailer. Our camera doesn't seem to get power to it. Our back left blinker doesn't work but the running lights do and so does the brakes. This a a bran new trailer has yet to be used.
Tellisah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 06:04 PM   #31
New Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tellisah View Post
Has anyone had issues the the wiring of the pre-wried back up camera? Or with the driver's side blinker on the 2021 Volante Travel Trailer. Our camera doesn't seem to get power to it. Our back left blinker doesn't work but the running lights do and so does the brakes. This a a bran new trailer has yet to be used.

I've got a 2022Volante VL29RB and just installed a Furrion backup cam into the "prewired" mount. Can't get power to it with the trailer hooked up to the tow vehicle, lights on, etc. I'm going to pull the mount off this weekend to make sure the cam pigtail is wired into the running lights. If it isn't I'm going to wire it into the running lights.
Old 10-17-2021, 05:33 PM   #32
New Camper

We had the same issue with the Furrion camera. Contacted Furrion and they said it has to do with our 2021 Chevrolet. The new model trucks have a PWM power signal transmitted by the vehicle. This stands for pulse-width modulation, which is a method of reducing average power delivered by an electrical signal by effectively chopping it up into discrete parts which "fakes" an analog-like result by applying power in pulses or short burst of regulated voltage. They said they are in the testing stage to correct this. We ordered our camera through Amazon and was able to send it back. I asked on another site if others had the problem and one guy said he had a 2021 Chevrolet 3500 and didn't have a problem. Who knows!
Herb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 08:46 AM   #33
New Camper

We got a Furrion backup camera installed when we got our RV. You have to have your lights on, not set to AUTO. If your headlights are not on, then the camera will not work. Double check your fuses. Lastly, check the connectors.
BigEIO is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
backup camera, furrion