Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-22-2021, 09:55 PM   #1
New Camper

Volante 3861 BL

We love this model and have enjoyed it already! But one thing we don't quite understand are the gray tanks... It looks like there are two grey tanks evidenced by stickers on the outside of the RV and the display box on the inside of the camper. When we dump we have only located one pull lever for grey which is located in the main operation station. However, when viewing the read out inside the camper our second grey tank still reads full, the galley empty.... We have crawled under the rig and can't figure out if there is another lever that is hiding or what. Would hate to find out the hard way with a flood in the underbelly due to a busted overflowed tank because we don't know how to empty it! Help please!!

There are two black tank levers, one in the main panel, and the other under the rig towards the back end by the second black water outlet.
LeonRoden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 12:14 AM   #2
New Camper

Hi there! Have you figured out the grey water valve situation with your 3861? I recently bought the same trailer and cannot understand multiple grey water tank indications and only the one grey water valve. Any info would be greatly appreciated thanks!
737drvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 06:03 AM   #3
Site Team

You probably only have 1 gray tank. The specs list Black - 83 Gals - Gray/Galley - 44 Gals. It looks like the 1/2 bath black and gray would go into the same tank and the kitchen gray and front bath gray into another tank. The front black has its own tank.

The monitor panel may have 2 gray tanks but only one actually is hooked up.
dagst1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 07:39 AM   #4
New Camper

So we took the RV back to the dealership because our 7pin was not communicating with our truck properly...(ended up having a frayed break wire which was causing our trailer breaks not to engage) and had them also look into the grey tank issue... The tech said he pulled the underbelly down and found that the sensor was not wired so it was not working properly... But that we only have the one grey tank pull and that the bedroom drains into the other. So only one pull....but two sensors. We have not had the RV back out yet since picking it back up from the shop, so I'm not sure if everything is working properly, only on the work of the tech...and now both grey's are reading empty.

Hope that helps
LeonRoden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 08:20 AM   #5
Site Team

Hopefully they have the problems solved for you.
Thanks for reporting back.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 01:13 PM   #6
Site Team

Look on the opposite of the rv. There is sometimes another pull there.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 11:03 PM   #7
New Camper

Since we haven’t used the Coach yet I decided to hook up the water and start pulling levers! There is only one grey water tank. As was suggested earlier the rear black tank is containment for the aft lav and sink. The grey tank holds for the kitchen sink, forward lav sink and the shower. Lastly the forward black tank is solely for the forward lav. The other thing of note was that the black water flush supplies water to both black tanks at the same time with no option to isolate. I guess this means I have to be able to have both black tanks open at the same time if I want to use the flush feature?
737drvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2022, 08:09 AM   #8
New Camper

Grey Tanks

I have a 3860RL and had similar issue. After digging through the coach for a few hours, found that the 2 handles in the compartment where the water hooks up dumps the black and grey from the bathroom and it is dumped out the same outlet. There is a second pipe behind the wheels that is labeled grey. It dumps the galley tank and has a gate valve handle above it. You should be able to see it if you look up under the skirt right behind the wheels by the one labeled grey. Hope that helps. If not, I can get some pics and post if needed.
Shilliard is offline   Reply With Quote