Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-19-2021, 04:04 PM   #1
New Camper

Volante 28BH

The air conditioner runs great in my TT. However, how are you able to feel the air through the vents throughout the trailer. The air only comes out of the main unit but you can barely feel it through the vents. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
pamdavis24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 04:11 PM   #2
Family Vacation Member

Do you have the big slider on the AC main dump into the living space partially or fully closed so that air flow is directed partially to your rounds located throughout the trailer?
Reese Weight Dist. w/friction sway control
jmnsn57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 04:34 PM   #3
New Camper

Volante 28 BH

I have it fully open but I have closed it completely and you can barely feel the air. Should I close it partially?
pamdavis24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 07:19 PM   #4
Site Team

If you have the main dump open on the AC unit, you probably won't feel any cool air coming out the other vents. Try closing the dump and opening the vents and see if it feels better. If that doesn't help, then pull one of the vents out and use a flashlight and a mirror to look in the run/plenum to see if there is any obstructions. Heck, the way they throw these things together, maybe the plenum isn't hook up to the vents. Or, it could be there is an issue up in the distribution box under the AC it's self.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 08:57 PM   #5
Site Team

Check the end of the runs to make sure they are closed off. I inserted foam plugs near the end run vent and it made a difference.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 10:47 PM   #6
New Camper

Mine had to be taken apart and they found the plenum had come apart and had to be re taped.
Cbarnesatc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2021, 08:25 AM   #7
Seasonal Camper

Take the cover off the main unit, and inspect the vent openings and the divider in between the intake and plenum. It is extremely common to have the duct openings partially blocked, taped all wrong, the divider out of place.
There are several ways to increase the flow, I did some modifications suggested on YouTube and elsewhere, and my A/C works 200% better.
I added a lot of pink styrofoam in suggested places, and it not only has much better flow, but is quieter.
Wingerdinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 04:50 PM   #8
New Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingerdinger View Post
Take the cover off the main unit, and inspect the vent openings and the divider in between the intake and plenum. It is extremely common to have the duct openings partially blocked, taped all wrong, the divider out of place.
There are several ways to increase the flow, I did some modifications suggested on YouTube and elsewhere, and my A/C works 200% better.
I added a lot of pink styrofoam in suggested places, and it not only has much better flow, but is quieter.
I'd appreciate it if you'd send me a link to the information on the AC mods. I could definitely use it.

Chris
Cbarnesatc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 08:49 PM   #9
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbarnesatc View Post
I'd appreciate it if you'd send me a link to the information on the AC mods. I could definitely use it.

Chris
I just went to YouTube and searched for 'RV A/C mods', or some such thing. I don't have any links.
Wingerdinger is offline   Reply With Quote