Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-18-2021, 02:52 PM   #1
Family Vacation Member

2010 Crossroads Cruiser Water Issue

Any of you that have Crossroads RV's that have fiberglass on top, with aluminum on the bottom better pull off the trim strip and see how they built your unit.

I never thought that they would overlap the bottom aluminum over the fiberglass, never seal it and hide it behind the trim strip. We had a couple places where the caulking got a crack and because they built it the way they did
it funneled the water straight into the unit.

I work at staying on top of the caulking, however this is a manufacturing mistake. Any half intelligent person would understand you don't build a water trap, UNLESS THEY JUST DON'T CARE.

Look at your house siding. Is there anything like that on your house ? Your car ? Etc.

Be warned.

I will fix ours (we have some rotten flooring to fix) and since I found it, I pulled all the trim strips and put caulking in between the aluminum and fiberglass, making it waterproof.

2004.5 Chevy Duramax crew cab 4x4
2010 Crossroads Cruiser 30QBX
1991 K2500 4x4 being restored
drcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2021, 12:14 PM   #2
Site Team

Hi Dave. Been a long time. Welcome back.
Have you got any pics to share of the issue?
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2021, 01:21 PM   #3
Family Vacation Member

Unfortunately it is all sealed up now. I could take a picture of the outside to show where it occurred at. I could show the rotten floor. But that wouldn't do any good.

It just baffles me why they built it the way they did and then didn't seal it up at least other than not carring, engineering deficiency or just plain laziness of the factory workers.

If folks thing a picture of where it occurred would be helpful, I will take a picture of the outside wall and put an arrow with a photo editor.

We have to pull out the kitchen cabinets. Good thing I can fix things.

2004.5 Chevy Duramax crew cab 4x4
2010 Crossroads Cruiser 30QBX
1991 K2500 4x4 being restored
drcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 05:51 PM   #4
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drcook View Post
Any of you that have Crossroads RV's that have fiberglass on top, with aluminum on the bottom better pull off the trim strip and see how they built your unit.

I never thought that they would overlap the bottom aluminum over the fiberglass, never seal it and hide it behind the trim strip. We had a couple places where the caulking got a crack and because they built it the way they did
it funneled the water straight into the unit.

I work at staying on top of the caulking, however this is a manufacturing mistake. Any half intelligent person would understand you don't build a water trap, UNLESS THEY JUST DON'T CARE.

Look at your house siding. Is there anything like that on your house ? Your car ? Etc.

Be warned.

I will fix ours (we have some rotten flooring to fix) and since I found it, I pulled all the trim strips and put caulking in between the aluminum and fiberglass, making it waterproof.
It is a FACT: Gravity still works and water still runs downhill.
TerryH is offline   Reply With Quote