Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-04-2013, 10:53 PM   #41
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKamperRV

Just as an FYI for everyone, these are the same folks who have iRV2.com.
Rick
Is that good or bad??? Never been on IRV2.
2022 Alliance Avenue 32RLS

In God We Trust
A proud member of the one percent...Semper Fi
sleepyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 11:03 PM   #42
Seasonal Camper

I used to be a moderator on iRV2 and resigned after these folks took over because I could not provide the time commitment they were looking for. I am still a member of iRV2 and visit there at least once a week, primarily to chat with some friends in the chat room. I have been a member of iRV2 almost since its inception, but it lost it's "homey" feel after Andy and Janet took it over from the founder, Bill Rowell. iRV2 is still a kickin' website with lots of activity. Hopefully Andy and Janet can provide the attention to this site that CrossRoads has not provided...and hopefully they won't disrupt the close-knit feel we have here...and maybe they'll provide a chat room for us! I am a little concerned about changing the domain name, but if there is still a link to the forum provided from the CrossRoadsRV website maybe we'll still be able to find it. Here's hoping for the best.
The bunk bedroom is for Haley!

Crossing the Roads with The Mason-Dixon Bunch
RKamperRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 12:40 AM   #43
Site Team

Rick, alot of people are not aware of other RV forums. If you could list the "good" ones I'm sure others will appreciate it.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 12:55 AM   #44
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKamperRV
iRV2 is still a kickin' website with lots of activity. Hopefully Andy and Janet can provide the attention to this site that CrossRoads has not provided...and hopefully they won't disrupt the close-knit feel we have here...and maybe they'll provide a chat room for us!
Rick, nice to see you here. We plan to give this site the TLC it deserves. I founded my first forum 12 years ago. Janet and I work with forums all day everyday, so we have a solid understanding of how to foster online communities. As for the homey feel and close knit vibe, it's really up to all the members to help keep the ambiance the same. In the case of iRV2, it's a MUCH larger community and experienced a huge amount of growth in the past 5 years so the influx of a lot of new people meant there were more people and their perspectives added to the discussions and thus, to some, it's not the same little site it used to be. That being said, I do have to give the team on iRV2 a lot of credit, we no longer have the bickering between owners of different brands and all the negative posts about the Workhorse issues. Each section of iRV2 is held accountable to the same set of rules, which has helped us provide a more consistent experience for our members (vs different rules for each brand before). I think it's working, iRV2 is on it's way to being the largest RV Forum on the internet but it's still going to take us a few years to surpass RV.net.

Our plan for Crossroads is to build a team of mods from the members. It's imperative that the community is led by it's passionate members. We address each issue individually and always discuss them as a team. This empowers the members to steer the direction of the community and has been a winning formula over the years. We'll start this process shortly after the software conversion process which will happen within the next week or two.
Andy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 04:05 AM   #45
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark5w
Rick, alot of people are not aware of other RV forums. If you could list the "good" ones I'm sure others will appreciate it.

Mark - I was first a member of the old Prodigy Online RV forum, but it is no longer around. The members of Prodigy moved to iRV2 early in its formation. I tried RV.net, which is owned my Good Sam/Camping World and did not like it. Other than iRV2, this forum is the only other one that I have paid much attention to, beginning in 2006 when I bought my Cruiser. Give iRV2 a try...I think you will like it.

Andy - thanks for the feedback. My life circumstances over the past several years have limited my RV-related online time, but I still do keep in touch with some of my friends from the old iRV2 days. I am a senior IT professional in addition to RVing. I think your model does work as displayed by iRV2. Feel free to contact me for anything should you think my input could be of assistance.
The bunk bedroom is for Haley!

Crossing the Roads with The Mason-Dixon Bunch
RKamperRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 01:23 PM   #46
Full Time Camper

So far everything looks fine with the new forum. Congrats to the team.
2010 CF30SK Patriot
2007 CF30SK
dalemac377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 03:09 PM   #47
Full Time Camper

Well it looks much nicer. I'll start playing around and see how it goes. I have a question though. I see that many of the signatures have the link to our pictures and the picture is not displayed. Will there be an official are to post glitches so they can be addressed? I'm glad to see CR is taking an interest in the forum. Also when I clicked my bookmark for the forum it took me to a Redwood forum.

Bert, Cathy, Kylie & Kaitlin
2014 SunsetTrail Reserve 32BH
2009 Silverado 3500HD LTZ 4X4 6.6L Duramax
YouTube LetsRV Instagram LetsRV_
Bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 03:51 PM   #48
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert View Post
Well it looks much nicer. I'll start playing around and see how it goes. I have a question though. I see that many of the signatures have the link to our pictures and the picture is not displayed. Will there be an official are to post glitches so they can be addressed? I'm glad to see CR is taking an interest in the forum. Also when I clicked my bookmark for the forum it took me to a Redwood forum.

Right now you can upload an image to your signature directly. The old image links are not rendering and this is a security precaution (spammers love these).

You can updated your signature from your User CP (Control panel) - the link is in the upper nav bar, or you can go here: http://www.crossroadsowners.com/foru...=editsignature

If you'd like a hand making a new image I'm happy to help or maybe there are are other members who are graphically inclined as well.