Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-25-2013, 06:18 AM   #41
Full Time Camper

X3
2013 Zinger 30KB - Sold
CrossroadsRV Rally 2013 & 2014 - Northeast Crossroads Rally 2014 - Mason-Dixon Rally 2014
BODERRVING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 06:21 AM   #42
Full Time Camper

Thanks for getting things back online, hope to see Crossroads on here more.

Chris & Karen- Heyworth, Illinois
2009 CF32BL pulled by a 2011 RAM 2500 CTD 4x4
PullRite Superglide 18K hitch
2015stats:
Nights: 28
Miles: 3245
longhauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 06:42 AM   #43
New Camper

My sincere apologies for the outage yesterday and today. I was out of the office this morning, so wasn't aware of the issue until I came in this afternoon. There had been some issues with the hosting provider, but after a series of phone calls, we were able to get those issues resolved. No data was lost and everything should be back to normal and in working order. I understand the timing here was rather suspicious, but rest assured this was not an intentional outage.

Regarding spam: I do go through the spam reports I receive and remove those that are reported. However, I don't browse the forums much myself, so most of the time, if they are not reported, then they will persist until they are. I am talking with the folks at CrossRoads regarding how we want to move forward with this and will update you on what I hear. In the meantime, I will continue to respond to the spam reports. The posts may not be removed immediately, but it will happen and 99% of the time, I ban the offending user as well.

Thanks and best wishes to everyone
bplunkett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 07:20 AM   #44
Full Time Camper

Brad, thank you for the update regarding CrossroadsRV's involvement with forum changes. We all look forward to having more admins here to monitor the crazies.
2013 Zinger 30KB - Sold
CrossroadsRV Rally 2013 & 2014 - Northeast Crossroads Rally 2014 - Mason-Dixon Rally 2014
Old 09-25-2013, 08:22 AM   #45
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bplunkett
My sincere apologies for the outage yesterday and today. I was out of the office this morning, so wasn't aware of the issue until I came in this afternoon. There had been some issues with the hosting provider, but after a series of phone calls, we were able to get those issues resolved. No data was lost and everything should be back to normal and in working order. I understand the timing here was rather suspicious, but rest assured this was not an intentional outage.

Regarding spam: I do go through the spam reports I receive and remove those that are reported. However, I don't browse the forums much myself, so most of the time, if they are not reported, then they will persist until they are. I am talking with the folks at CrossRoads regarding how we want to move forward with this and will update you on what I hear. In the meantime, I will continue to respond to the spam reports. The posts may not be removed immediately, but it will happen and 99% of the time, I ban the offending user as well.

Brad, thanks for the response and letting us know that you are responding to the spam. I know at one time you guys were looking into getting some of the members that frequent the forum as moderators. Myself along with many other members would be happy to help do whatever it takes to make this work. I think you guys should seriously take a look at making this happen. Myself along with others would appreciate more interaction between the members of our forum and Crossroads staff. Thanks again for your assistance.

Edited by: longhauler

Chris & Karen- Heyworth, Illinois
2009 CF32BL pulled by a 2011 RAM 2500 CTD 4x4
PullRite Superglide 18K hitch
2015stats:
Nights: 28
Miles: 3245
longhauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 09:01 AM   #46
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhauler

Quote:

Brad, thanks for the response and letting us know that you are responding to the spam. I know at one time you guys were looking into getting some of the members that frequent the forum as moderators. Myself along with many other members would be happy to help do whatever it takes to make this work. I think you guys should seriously take a look at making this happen. Myself along with others would appreciate more interaction between the members of our forum and Crossroads staff. Thanks again for your assistance.

X2

Texas Baptist Men-Retiree Builders member since '01
13 Silverado 3500HD D/A, 2wd CCSB srw, custom RKI bed
11 Cruiser CF32MK
https://www.picturetrail.com/dayle1
Dayle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 10:13 AM   #47
Full Time Camper

I belive a unified effort from folks on this thread has resulted in a positive response from CR. It is just a start but a start nontheless.
Reese 16K Slider Wet Bolts
socoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 10:18 AM   #48
Full Time Camper

I know brad has answered my PMs on redwood. it appears they are addressing the issue, although the same thing was said last year. I'm willing to keep an open mind and see how this plays out.A good idea I stole from the forest river forums is have owners as moderators and have factory reps on the boards to answer questions.Edited by: anaro

2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

***Member of the Mason-Dixon Group***
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 02:29 PM   #49
Full Time Camper

Hopefully things are looking up. I would hope Crossroads would monitor the forum and get info that could be helpful in solving problems. There is a tremendous amount of good info and discussion that they are missing out on.
2010 CF30SK Patriot
2007 CF30SK
dalemac377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 12:28 PM   #50
Full Time Camper

Quote:

Ironically, I was on the forum and having read somewhere that it may go by the wayside when it suddenly kicked me out then would not reload. I thought SOB it just happened. Glad that it is back up cause there is good information to be had. Thank you.

Tim
13 ST25RB
08 F-250 SC 6.8L XLT 4x4
Tim D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 07:48 AM   #51
Family Vacation Member

Hello Could someone tell me if this site is going away? I could not find the link
Old 10-24-2013, 08:40 AM   #52
Full Time Camper

Ginger they are trying to upgrade time for model year changes
Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 02:11 AM   #53
Full Time Camper

The link is in the buyers tool kit

Jason & Wendy
2014 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L PSD
2015 Keystone Montana 3711FL
B&W Patriot 16K Fifth Wheel Hitch
cw3jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 11:49 PM   #54
Full Time Camper

Looks like the spammers are out in full force. Wonder how long it will take for it to be taken care of?
'04 Dodge 2500 Quadcab CTD
gball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 10:21 AM   #55
Full Time Camper

well, once the new forum is up they will be a thing of the past.

2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

Old 10-29-2013, 10:56 AM   #56
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by anaro
well, once the new forum is up they will be a thing of the past.

And when will this finally happen? Or just more idle forum promises?
2013 Zinger 30KB - Sold
Old 10-29-2013, 11:18 AM   #57
Full Time Camper

the new forum is run by the same people that run forest river and Thor and irv2 forums. I am on the forest river and Thor forums and never see spam there.

2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

Old 10-29-2013, 11:48 AM   #58
Full Time Camper

Oops, did not see the transition topic. Sorry.
2013 Zinger 30KB - Sold
Old 10-29-2013, 02:44 PM   #59
Site Team

Until the forum is moved to a new platform, you can help out by reporting spam - we'll do our best to get it taken down. Once we're settled in to the new software, we'll work to build out a larger site team so that there will be plenty of folks available to handle any spam (or other issues). I appreciate the kind words from anaro, but truthfully, we have spam occasionally at the forums she noted. Active moderators generally act quickly to remove it however so folks can focus on the topic at hand instead of cheap handbags and fake IDs
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 11:19 PM   #60
Full Time Camper

I get the fact that no one likes spam. When I see spam on this forum I report it and then I never go back to that spam thread. When you take a good look at it, with the amount of total posts on this forum, the amount of spam is relatively small even now. My thoughts on spam is the same as the way I think of some or I should say most television programming now-a-days...If you don't like it DON'T WATCH IT. I am more bothered with this forum being down for several days at a time than I am with spam. So with Janet H saying there will be more "Active Moderators" the spam and the down time should be taken care of in a MUCH faster manor.

That's my story & I'm sticken to it.
2022 Alliance Avenue 32RLS

In God We Trust
A proud member of the one percent...Semper Fi
sleepyT is offline   Reply With Quote