Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-02-2011, 08:30 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

Hello everyone,
I have lurked on and off here and have been a fan of Crossroads Cruisers for quite some time. There are a few things that have caught my eye about the brand:
- Customer service and warranty. We are looking used, but it seems that if a company stands behind their product, I should see a better product on the used market.
- Construction. I don't read much about delaminating Cruisers. My Wildcat is a different story, which is why I'm not looking at Forest River products next. Just google Wildcat delam. Let's just say that rotdoctor.com will have my story up on their webpage whenever I get around to sending them pics of what I had to do. (Took off both end caps and repaired the sidewalls / ends from leak damage, put humpty back together .... )
- Weight. With all the features they have, they still seem fairly close to my current rig (2002 Wildcat 28BH) for weight. I've been looking for an upgrade in features but in a 5er that I can still tow well behind my truck (2000 F250 diesel).
- Front cap design. I don't know if anyone takes notice of this, but my experience is that this really makes a difference in towability. The 5er we had previous to the Wildcat was similar in weight but had a fairly flat cap. There was a definite difference between the two at speed.

Anyway, our current floorplan is somewhat like the 30QB. We don't have a queen bed slide, bath is amidships, toilet and shower in a "closet" and sink next to the bed. Galley curbside and superslide streetside with a dinette and sleeper sofa. Two bunks in rear. We have passthru storage front and rear.

What I'd like to change about our camper:
- No more fiberglass problems please (I know nothing is certain ... except I'm not buying FR again)
- queen bed slide
- Larger shower (we don't have a corner unit, it's over a tub)

Beyond that... could use some help thinking this through.
- I really like the 32BL for the rear lounge and the recliners, and the enclosed bath (keeps washing away from the bed). But seems we'd lose half our outside storage, and the bunk area is somewhat smaller than what we have now. Our kids are 1 and 4 and only going to get bigger.
- The 30QB is like what we have now, still has outside storage, also an access door to the bunks for more storage if needed, has the bed slide and a larger shower.

I guess in my line of thinking right now it's compromising between a floorplan we like for living vs. size of sleeping quarters and storage space. We always seem to bring a lot of stuff.

Any tips appreciated...

FSuperDuty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 10:49 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

we have the 32BL storage is not a problem The front basement has just as much storage as the others in the line. remember this is 35feet 11 inches. We do not use it but there is storage under the Queen bed and also under the Bunk room bunks

Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 11:38 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

I considered the 32BL, because of the rear living and being a different floor plan than most units out there. However, the 30QB won out because of the rear storage.

Being I have a short bed truck with a roll up bed cover, I'm unable to place bikes in front the 5th wheel. Also, I'm not real crazy about laying bikes down between the tailgate and 5th wheel, as I worry about the cables getting snagged.

In the rear storage I'm able to carry two bikes and then carry another two bikes using the factory rear hitch and bike rack.Beforemy girls were riding bikes, I had a nice place to store the wagon, we pulled them in. I also carry our pizza oven, screened canopy, and LaFuma chairs in the rear storage. It's really nice keeping this stuff from being "in" the trailer and I know it won't all fit in the front pass thru.

If we spend a lot of time inside (not just a rainy weekend) then 32BL would have won. But, we spend most the time outside so the storage won.

'07 F250 Diesel Crew Cab 4x4

'08 CF30QB

Reese Signature Slider 18k Hitch
salda01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 12:20 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

Thanks for the feedback ... lots to think about. We do lots of outside stuff too, but rely on the inside from time to time as well. Some questions for you:
- fhenn: you mentioned storage under the bunks in the 32BL, is this under the mattresses? How deep is it?
Could either of you guys measure your front storage? I'd like to compare to my Wildcat.

Thanks!

Old 08-03-2011, 11:04 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

I will have to check this week end

Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
Old 08-06-2011, 05:10 AM   #6
Full Time Camper

OK the height of the bunk storage is 9 1/2 inches by 33 inches across. The basement storage is 88 inches long and just 1 inch shy of 8foot wide. You do have to subtract the :P cabinet and the battery compartment. But I do carry in the battery compartment a battery charger and an extension cord. Hope this helps

Old 08-15-2011, 01:20 PM   #7
Weekend Camper

Thank you very much. I'm talking to two dealers (which are unfortunately quite a drive away) which both have a used CF32BL for sale. I think this is the floor plan for us, but it's a bit nerve wracking as we have a trade too and won't really know if everything is going to work out until we make a 4 hr drive. We'll see. Normally I private sell my campers and then find a private sale for the next ... but this time I'm leaning more towards the other hassle of working with a dealer and not getting much on trade.
Old 08-15-2011, 01:28 PM   #8
Full Time Camper

When we purchased our Cruiser the dealer accepted my trade sight unseen. Basically he said, I won't give you over "x", but if it's rougher than you say the offer will go down. I made sure it was clean and everything was near perfect at delivery.

Given the hassle of time, will the dealer send you a bunch photos of each unit and make a trade offer before you make the trek? Photos of wear items (seals, tires, carpet, roof, sinks, ect).

'07 F250 Diesel Crew Cab 4x4

'08 CF30QB

Reese Signature Slider 18k Hitch
salda01 is offline   Reply With Quote