Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-18-2011, 05:56 AM   #1
atc
Weekend Camper

I don't really want my second post to be a complaint. So far I haven't seen the excellent customer service from crossroads that I have read about.

I have emailed crossroads 3 times no response, called once no call back and my dealer hasn't been much better.

We orderedour trailer almost 3 weeks ago with the asumption we would have it in 7-9 days. It was kind of an impulse buy. Liked the break away from white and appears to be an upgrade from our 2008 northtrail. But after reading some topics on here, it brought on some questions I wanted answered. Especially one of the things we were told when we bought it was it had screwed together walls not welded. But when I looked at construction online it says welded, it doesn't look like it has very much cargo weight available and it is a premium priced trailer why is it better?Now the delivery is getting interesting I sent various emails to my dealer as it has been over two weeks. No response, finally I called and he said he didn't know when we would be getting itthats why he didn't reply?

I hope this is just a run of bad luck when it comes to customer service and not the norm.
atc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 06:21 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Hmmm, doesn't sound right, maybe try: Tara Thompson, customer service:

tthompson@crossroadsrv.com might be worth a shot ??

'12 F350(NotShown) / '11 Rushmore 35RL
https://i53.tinypic.com/2qs5cw3.jpg
Ruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 06:30 AM   #3
Seasonal Camper

I don't know whatyour dealer told you but 7-9 days seems pretty quick turn around on an order to me. I know a lot of it depends on what the production schedule looks like but if memory serves, we waited around 4 weeks?

Lonnie

04 2500 Hemi Ram Quad Cab
Chuck N. Wined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 06:38 AM   #4
atc
Weekend Camper

He had 4 of the same model already on order
Old 05-18-2011, 06:48 AM   #5
Seasonal Camper

I see you are from ontario too... welcome and hello. who was the dealer?

'11 Crossroads Cruiser CF325CK

https://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/...4/S4011042.jpg
happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 07:09 AM   #6
Weekend Camper

We ordered a Slingshot GT29BH right at the end of April, and we were told 7 to 8 weeks, not days.

After getting an update from the factory, we expect it to be a total of 6 weeks. So just a few more weeks. Okay we figure it will be just about another 33,000 minutes or so. Not that I'm anxious or anything...

Whatever your wait turns out to be, I'm sure it will be worth it!
jgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 07:20 AM   #7
atc
Weekend Camper

Some one can't wait. I am happy for you.Its not about that for me if its 2 weeks or 3 weeks thats fine. As long as its comunicated properly. Like I said some of the selling points for us don't seem to be holding true. I just wanted to talk to someone in the know about the 2012 models, as I think the dealer seems to be alittle in the dark as well. Edited by: atc
Old 05-18-2011, 02:18 PM   #8
Full Time Camper

If this is how your dealer is before the sale, I feel for you after the sale. As for you getting a date from CR directly it maybe a bit tougher, as you don't have the saleorder number. CR should be able to answer your construction questions by using contactinformation provided above.

'07 F250 Diesel Crew Cab 4x4

'08 CF30QB

Reese Signature Slider 18k Hitch
salda01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 01:03 AM   #9
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78

The danger or positive, depending on what changes, in ordering a unit is that everything is subject to change. In 2008 I ordered my Cruiser. When I ordered it had a flat front cap, smaller baggage doors, oak interior, no glass inserts in doors, different ent. center, less standard features, and different graphics. Long list, but ALL of things changed when they delivered one of the first "true" 2009 models to us. They redesigned the Cruiser and most everything changed for the better.

In your case, I would contact the factory to see whats changing. If you haven't paid in full and the unit is different in a way you don't likeyou have a strong case to get your deposit back and walk away. In my case all the changes made me grin!
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 04:28 AM   #10
atc
Weekend Camper

I hope it is better then expected. Having none of my questions answered is another story. Emailed Tara, quick to respond. She forwarded my request onto sales, but also said if I don't hear anything in a couple days call in again. So I haven't herd anything and just phoned in again, to leave another message for a call back. Really loosing my confidence.
Old 05-24-2011, 06:47 AM   #11
atc
Weekend Camper

Finally, I got to talk to someone at Crossroads. He explained that it is a very busy time for them. I understand that, I wish someone had informed me at the time it may take longer then usual to get back to me.

So far one question answered it will have larger axles for more cargo weight.
Old 05-25-2011, 03:52 AM   #12
atc
Weekend Camper

Further talks with crossroads. More happy with our purchase now. I read in another thread that someone cancelled they're sunset trail purchase because of not enough cargo capacity, I guess they should have dug a little more.

Some comments:

The axles used to be 3500lb. axles. Now they are 4400lb. axles. We increased carrying capacity by 1800lbs. This should be more than enough for any amount of cargo you would want to throw in. We have changed the construction a bit on the sidewalls. The Sunset used to have a hung glass sidewall. Now it has a laminated sidewall that is welded and pinch rolled. This makes for a stronger wall. This is not something to worry about, it comes with the best warranty in the industry 2yr. hitch to bumper.Your dealercurrently has 3 more 31 BH Sunsets on order that come offline next Tuesday. I’m sure he will have it hot shipped and probably have it by next weekend or not to long after that. I hope that this helps and I can assure you that the Sunset Trail Reserve is worth the wait. It is by far the nicest product in its class and will provide you with a lot of great weekends. I hope this answers your questions. If you have any other questions shoot me an e mail!
Old 05-25-2011, 04:31 AM   #13
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78

Great news atc, Crossroads really cares about it's customers. I have not met a company more committed to customer satisfaction in their price point. I have had both the hung walls on my previous Cruiser and now a laminated product in my motorhome. Both have their pro's and con's to the contruction, so enjoy your new rig!
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 01:55 AM   #14
atc
Weekend Camper

Well it arrived at the dealer will be ready for pick up on Thursday. Apparently they have new floor ducts as well. One thing that I didn't like was the sticker on the front that tells you cargo capacity is still rated at a little over 900lbs, I am hoping that is in correct I have a message in.
Old 06-10-2011, 02:34 AM   #15
atc
Weekend Camper

Brought it home later lastnight. But everything appears to be good. It is a big trailer only 3' longer then our old one but for some reason seems much bigger. Even though I didn't have the WD hitch set-up 100% and a really good cross wind it handled well.
Old 06-10-2011, 02:28 PM   #16
Full Time Camper

Congrats on getting the new trailer home. Enjoy it.

2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

***Member of the Mason-Dixon Group***
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 01:08 AM   #17
atc
Weekend Camper

I have a question about the roof?

With my Northtrail I would get up there and sweep off leafs of the slide out before I closed it. I could walk anywhere. I went to get up on the Sunset trail, thought I was going to fall through. I realize the north trail styrofoam instead of batt. Is there certain areas to walk and what about cleaning the roof do you have to be very carefull where you stand? I am not light at 250lbs.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks