Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-02-2013, 10:23 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

We are looking at a Zinger 28BH and I'm interested to hear if anyone has one and if they are happy with it.</span><br style="font-family: arial, helvetica, 'sans serif'; font-size: 13px; line-height: normal;">If you had any warranty work done, did you have any issues with that.</span><br style="font-family: arial, helvetica, 'sans serif'; font-size: 13px; line-height: normal;">We are also curious how it does in colder weather, I know we will possibly do some late fall / winter camping so I don't know how it would do that time of the year.</span><br style="font-family: arial, helvetica, 'sans serif'; font-size: 13px; line-height: normal;"><br style="font-family: arial, helvetica, 'sans serif'; font-size: 13px; line-height: normal;">The information says its a deep 3 season camper so I'm not sure if we will run into issues in the freezing weather.</span><br style="font-family: arial, helvetica, 'sans serif'; font-size: 13px; line-height: normal;"><br style="font-family: arial, helvetica, 'sans serif'; font-size: 13px; line-height: normal;">Thanks for any input or suggestions anyone can give us.</span>

nash40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:29 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78
If it's used, or a left over on the lot it may or may not have the thermal package with the astro-foil insulation upgrade. Even a base Zinger with an enclosed underbelly does well in cold weather. We are looking at ordering a 2013 so I'll be following the comments too. The dealer moved a 2013 to the display area and turned the heat on for us, it was 15 degrees out last weekend. The furnance kept the camper warm and cycled on/off without issue keeping the camper about 70 degrees.
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:43 AM   #3
Site Team

The furnace will more then likely keep the camper warm in the temp stated in previous post.
With that being said, it will definitely go thru a lot of LP doing it. One of the biggest draw backs we have to deal with when camping in late fall is the condensation on the outside walls and in the cupboards and closets. Everything has to stay open so air can circulate. Leaving a window cracked open on each end of the camper, and the over head vent in the bathroom helps a lot with moisture. If you don't have electricity to plug into the furnace fan will eat your battery overnight.
I don't think any of these entry level rigs were meant for cold weather camping.

Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:26 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

I'm not expecting to be using it in anywhere near 15
It would probably be temps in the low 30's at most.
We are new to camping so I hope this isn't a goofy question, we will have electric when we do so does that still use the LP gas?
My first thought is yes being it's heat but I just want to be sure thats correct.

Thanks
Old 02-02-2013, 11:29 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

It's a new model and does not have the upgraded insulation.
Old 02-02-2013, 01:01 PM   #6
Full Time Camper

I have a 2011 zinger 26BL and it has been a very good trailer. We bought it 2 yrs ago and have camped in some cooler weather. We have hit the low 30's at night with it and done just fine. We do get a lot of condensation on the windows though when camping in cold weather. When plugged into electric and using heat you will still burn your LP as the furnace runs on gas. Your fridge if like mine can be set to auto and will then run gas when not plugged in and electric when plugged in. My water heater can run of either gas or electric depending on which I set it to.

To answer your warranty questions. We have had a few minor issues addressed in 2 yrs and all were covered under warranty. During the 1st year the problems we had were: hole rubbed in carpet by slide, drawers under dinette out of alignment, awning arm clip broke, little plastic piece that holds the door open broke. All fixed without arguement but sat at dealership for almost a month to get repaired. During the 2nd year we only had a minor issue and that was the front spot light for the hitch wasn't working. This was repaired under warranty as well and was at dealership for 2 weeks this time. We did have mold show up in the tt this year. We found this after the tt had sat completely closed up in nc summer heat and humidity unchecked for a couple months while we were busy house hunting. We worried about a leak. No leak was found. We started keeping vents open (have max air vent covers so tt will stay dry) and no more mold. Lesson learned, don't leave drinks in tt and keep tt closed up tight for a couple of months in heat and humidity.

Our tt is a nice one and functions well for our family. I don't regret buying it. That said we are ready to upgrade to a 5er. If crossroads has the right one we would buy it but so far they don't have the floorplan I want in my weight range.One thing to watch is which warranty will you have? Crossroads changed their warranty this year. If the tt you want was built prior to 9/1/2012 then you have a 2 yr limited warranty. If it was built after that date then it is only a 1 yr warranty plus 12 point promise. Good luck and happy hunting.

2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

***Member of the Mason-Dixon Group***
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 01:10 AM   #7
Full Time Camper

Send a message via MSN to tator447

We have camped in ours in early April when it got to the mid 20's overnight and didn't get above 40 during the day. I didn't have a great deal of condensation, but I kept the vent open a crack, and I only put the heat on 63 during the day, and 60 at night, cuddle up with a blanket. I didn't have a heater then, we do now. When we camped late last October it got down into the low 30's and we used the oscillating heater, again with a vent open as Lloyd said and we had very little condensation. We are from the north though and cold doesn't bother us much. I won't hesitate to camp in cool weather...I think the units are pretty well built and can handle this.JMHO

Jim

Jim & Linda Tator
Watertown, WI
2013 Crusier CF34SS GMC 3500 8.1L Dually
154 nights in 2013 - 4,370 miles
178 nights in 2014 - 5,082 miles
365 nights in 2015 - 6,040 miles
tator447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 12:51 PM   #8
Weekend Camper

I just wanted to say Thank You to everyone for the help.
We purchased the Zinger 28BH last week and just spent 4 days camping.
Had a great time and happy with adecisionto purchase this camper.
Already planning our next trip and looking forward to many more over the years.

Old 02-10-2013, 01:53 PM   #9
Full Time Camper

Congrats on the new zinger! May it bring you many happy camping trips.

2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

***Member of the Mason-Dixon Group***
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote