Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-08-2020, 01:15 AM   #1
New Camper

2013 CR Elevation 3612

Hello Everyone, New to the site. I came to this site to be diligent on gathering info before I purchased a 2013 Elevation 3612. Well I have to say based on the all the different reviews I have read, this is becoming a tougher decision.

I really like the lay-out & it appears up to 2018 CR was standing behind at least a majority of the common issues.
Roof members, sidewall cracks, flexing, etc.

So since many of the post's seem to have quieted down in 2018..

Anyone Elevation owners recommend buying a used Elevation 3612? Roof was completely redone at a factory authorized repair shop in Mo.

Honestly just hoping to get recent feedback.

Thank you in advance for sharing.

Duane
Omahagen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 09:46 AM   #2
Gone Traveling

We had a '13 Redwood assembled at the same plant as the Elevation. We attended a rally in '13 that included a tour of the factory which at that particular time they were full of Elevations, they seemed to be well built as were the Redwoods in that time period. We had only a handful of minor warranty issues while living in it ours full-time.
If it's been somewhat maintained in the past 7-8 years I don't think it would be a mistake if it's a good deal. One us is the new roof, that's a biggy.
The other concern would be ALL those tires, they should be at minimum 16" G rated or possibly 17.5" H rated to safely hold up that beast.
Check the date codes, if they are original tires or close to 5 year old all 7 need to be replaced. Yes that will be expensive, but so is taking out the side of the RV with a blowout.
Also a good investment is a TPMS for those new tires, there's a lot of rubber on the road.
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 08:24 PM   #3
Site Team

Welcome to the forum!

2013 Silverado 2500HD LTZ CC 6.6L Duramax Diesel
2023 Rockwood 2445WS
Buster, miniature Dachshund
2024: 2 trips, 26 nights in 8 states, 4801 miles
2023: 9 trips, 48 nights in 12 states, 2 provinces, 8120 miles
2019: 7 trips, 43 nights in 6 states, 3904 miles
DavisK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 03:20 PM   #4
Weekend Camper

Hello,

We have this exact same model, bought it brand new and have not had any issues other than tires. When we bought it there were a few minor things that were fixed under warrantee. In fact, it had a 2 year warrantee on it when we bought it which was very nice.

This was the first year they were built so they higher quality that the subsequent years.

The tire issue has been really bad though. We've had blowouts on 3 different occasions and one time had two in one day. It seems the tires only last about 2 years. When it cools down I am going to do some measuring I think something has to be off or misaligned for this to keep happening.

If you have any specific questions feel free to send me a private message.

Before I bought it I would ask if they have had any blowouts, everything else has held up really well.
Old 08-17-2020, 05:30 AM   #5
New Camper

Smile 2013 Elevation 3612

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
We had a '13 Redwood assembled at the same plant as the Elevation. We attended a rally in '13 that included a tour of the factory which at that particular time they were full of Elevations, they seemed to be well built as were the Redwoods in that time period. We had only a handful of minor warranty issues while living in it ours full-time.
If it's been somewhat maintained in the past 7-8 years I don't think it would be a mistake if it's a good deal. One us is the new roof, that's a biggy.
The other concern would be ALL those tires, they should be at minimum 16" G rated or possibly 17.5" H rated to safely hold up that beast.
Check the date codes, if they are original tires or close to 5 year old all 7 need to be replaced. Yes that will be expensive, but so is taking out the side of the RV with a blowout.
Also a good investment is a TPMS for those new tires, there's a lot of rubber on the road.
Well this is certainly good advice as the previous owners had experienced a blow up & upgraded all the tires. They are currently 2 years old. We bought the camper & got her home, she could use mostly cosmetic TLC no big deal & they seemed genuine with full disclosure on a couple items. I coul not find one stress crack anywhere & we spent about about 3 hours going over everything we could.
As soon as I figure how to add a pic I will.

Thnak you for the feed back.

D
Old 08-17-2020, 05:33 AM   #6
New Camper

Smile Welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavisK View Post
Welcome to the forum!
Thank you, I have found a lot of good information on our Rv frrom this site already & the folks seem to have a positive attitude towards issue's which is a great way to approach because let's face it, things happen no matter what you do or what your rolling in.

Thank you,

D
Old 08-17-2020, 05:35 AM   #7
New Camper

Same model

Quote:
Originally Posted by bws1105 View Post
Hello,

We have this exact same model, bought it brand new and have not had any issues other than tires. When we bought it there were a few minor things that were fixed under warrantee. In fact, it had a 2 year warrantee on it when we bought it which was very nice.

This was the first year they were built so they higher quality that the subsequent years.

The tire issue has been really bad though. We've had blowouts on 3 different occasions and one time had two in one day. It seems the tires only last about 2 years. When it cools down I am going to do some measuring I think something has to be off or misaligned for this to keep happening.

If you have any specific questions feel free to send me a private message.

Before I bought it I would ask if they have had any blowouts, everything else has held up really well.
Thank you, they sure did & they upgraded all the tires & had one fender fixed at that time (lesson learned I think) Good folks & I believe full disclosure. We bought it.

Tags
elevation 3612, roof trouble