Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-18-2021, 05:36 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

2016 Maple Country 270BH

Hi there,

I am looking at purchasing a 2016 Maple Country 270BH. This unit is made by Thor/Crossroads RV and looks very similar to the Sunset Trail line of units.

I've been trying to do some research on this unit to see if there are common issues or reviews on it but haven't found much.

Does anyone here own this unit or know more about it?
Old 01-24-2021, 07:18 PM   #2
New Camper

Hi wingsfan19, I own a 2016 Maple Country 270BH. We've been very pleased with the trailer. No issues/concerns to report. We've found the size to be good compromise, not too large for many RV campgrounds and yet enough space for family of 4. Outdoor kitchen is also a bonus.
HappyCanuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 10:14 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyCanuk View Post
Hi wingsfan19, I own a 2016 Maple Country 270BH. We've been very pleased with the trailer. No issues/concerns to report. We've found the size to be good compromise, not too large for many RV campgrounds and yet enough space for family of 4. Outdoor kitchen is also a bonus.
Thank you very much for the comments. These trailers look like a "Canadian only" version of the Sunset Trail ultra lites from the research I've done. Is that what you have found as well?

I think this is a perfect size for us as well. Easily towable and gives the kids really big beds that are hard to find other bunk house trailers.
Old 01-30-2021, 07:34 PM   #4
New Camper

The dealer, "Western RV Country" in Alberta told us they commissioned this line of trailers as a custom order from CrossRoads RV. Therefore I assume this line is only available in Canada and possibly originally only from this dealer or their subsidiaries.

From what we could tell it's essentially the Sunset Trail Ultra Lite with a different exterior colour and graphics but all the features and finishes are the same. The graphic on the front is kids playing hockey which is very Canadian. There are a few similar models on the market including the CrossRoads Sunset Trail Super Lite 270BH. Benefits of either model include the 80" queen bed when many similar have a smaller master mattress, the double bunks, the second door off the bathroom is on the opposite side which is great for access to the outdoor shower or when your parked beside friends and the dry weight is also relatively low compared to many trailers with similar features.

Good luck if you have a pending purchase in mind. Whatever you decide on in the end it's bound to bring lots of pleasure for the family.
HappyCanuk is offline   Reply With Quote