Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-04-2010, 04:51 AM   #1
New Camper

Hello,

I've narrowed my decision down to the Zinger or Cruiser. I got a quote from http://www.wanarv.com and they seem nice/good. I'll be driving up from California (36 hrs) so I want to deal with the best. Should I stick with WanaRv or is there a better/nicer/etc dealer in the area I should consider? P.S. WanaRv has already quoted a rock bottom price. Thanks!
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 06:19 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78
The only real competition is RVWholesalers.com, although I have read some mixed reviews of their service after the sale. I would pick Wana RV, my next Crossroads will be from there. Now if I could just convince Crossroads to bring back the 31SB with a bedroom slide and make the rear bunkroom have a outside kitchen like the Keystone Copper Canyons and other brands are doing!!!!!!!!
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 07:37 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

Wana RV has a very good price and they do seem like nice folks to work with. Clearly a family run dealership. Others have driven long distances to buy from there and have been quite satisfied with the experience. I negotiated with them but ended up buying from a local dealer. I think you'll be fine.

'08 Sunset Trail ST29RL

papa2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 09:58 AM   #4
New Camper

Thanks guys - wana rv it is then!
Old 05-04-2010, 12:02 PM   #5
Weekend Camper

Eric:I bought from Wana RV and agree that you are making the best decision. They go above and beyond to make sure everything is working properly before delivery to you. They also are willing to spend as much time going through the unit as you want/need. Being so close to the factory, they can correct anything essentially on the spot. Also, take a tour through the Crossroads RV factory while in Shipshewana.

Welcome to the family.

Preston, Retired Army (1995}

2010 CF27RLX being towed by a 2005 F350 dually 6.0 Powerstroke, automatic FX4, Airlift Airbags, Reese 15K Hitch
NC Retiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 12:03 PM   #6
Weekend Camper

Preston, Retired Army (1995}

2010 CF27RLX being towed by a 2005 F350 dually 6.0 Powerstroke, automatic FX4, Airlift Airbags, Reese 15K Hitch
NC Retiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 12:20 PM   #7
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric
Thanks guys - wana rv it is then!
If you plan right you maybe able to make the Crossroads Rally which is hosted right down the road from Wana.

You'll be able to kill a couple birds with one stone.. Get your new unit, meet some of the forum members, factory tour, great food with great hosts and great friends.

Here's the link on the rally

http://crossroadsrvrally.webs.com/20...ctoryrally.htm

'07 F250 Diesel Crew Cab 4x4

'08 CF30QB

Reese Signature Slider 18k Hitch
salda01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 12:32 PM   #8
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78

Topeka not Shipshewana!
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 12:39 PM   #9
Seasonal Camper

WE had no issues with RV Wholesalers
gtoguy1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 12:55 AM   #10
New Camper

I know there is a dealer in Grand Rapids, MI that I've heard great things about! I think its Midway RV Center.. they don't carry the zinger, but do carry the Cruiser 30QB... I would give them a call.
Cruiserjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 09:43 AM   #11
New Camper

HI THERE, MOST OF THE CAMPING WORLD'S ARE CRUISER DEALERS. THEY ARE VERYY COMPETITIVE ON PRICE AND REALLY TRY TO SERVICE THEIR CUSTOMERS.
Old 05-21-2010, 05:57 AM   #12
New Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric
Hello,

I've narrowed my decision down to the Zinger or Cruiser. I got a quote from http://www.wanarv.com and they seem nice/good. I'll be driving up from California (36 hrs) so I want to deal with the best. Should I stick with WanaRv or is there a better/nicer/etc dealer in the area I should consider? P.S. WanaRv has already quoted a rock bottom price. Thanks!

I have decided to go with TerryTown Travel Center in Grand Rapids, MI. They have become Zinger's largest dealer and have prices that cannot be beat, at least in my experience....anyone looking should check them out!
Margie1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 02:00 AM   #13
New Camper

We also just purchased from TerryTown. We are several weeks away from delivery and each day the kids ask "when is the trailer getting here".I didcompare Wana and local dealers with them and TerryTown had the lowest price.
Camperdoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 06:10 AM   #14
Weekend Camper

I seem to be getting better price quotes from local dealers.

I have been pricing a Cruiser CF30SKP,additional optionswith fireplace, oak front frige and rain sensor fan in bedroom,quote from local dealer for $31,900, from another $29,500 just patriot package no additional options. Camping World gave me a quote for $36,530 for just a standard patriot package. Wana quote was for $32,199.

Am looking to price a CF32MK now, will be interesting to see what prices I come up with now.

How does one know whats a good price?

2001 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 Quad

2011 CrossRoads Cruiser 305SKFD (still have the 2000 Tracker)
springnfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 07:07 AM   #15
Full Time Camper

We bought our Cruiser from RV Wholesalers in August, 2009. The deal was exactly as offered. The Cruiser was ordered and came in five weeks later equipped as we had ordered. No pressure at the closing. The PDI could have been a bit better but everything was covered. We stayed in Indian Lake State Park that first night as suggested by RVW. We had one minor issue that RVW took care of for us first thing the next morning then we were on our way.

Whether you buy from Wana or RVW service will be the issue. You will need a local dealer to take care of your warranty issues so you should check that out. I found a wonderful dealer, ExploreUSA here in San Antonio. This dealer takes care of all warranty issues (only a couple so far) without question. They will also get my non-warranty work.

I think either way you will make a good choice.

Art and Karen
2013 Itasca Sunstar 35F, 2013 Ford C Max toad.
170 nights in 2013
132 in 2014
artgpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 02:56 AM   #16
Weekend Camper

CapnCad - we are close to making a decision on a 35ck from the Camping World center in Council Bluffs - is that where you purchased your camper? How has service been?

thanks

Byron & Gail

Chisago City MN
Byron & Gail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 03:10 AM   #17
New Camper

I ended up buying a Palomino Sabre instead.
Old 10-20-2010, 03:53 AM   #18
New Camper

HI FOLKS, THE PEOPLE AT CAMPING WORLD OF COUNCIL BLUFFS,IA. ARE GREAT AND THEIR SEVICE IS VERY GOOD. I HAVE HAD TWO ISSUES--AND BOTH WERE RESOLVED IN A VERY TIMELY FASHION. YES I WOULD DO BUISNESS WITH THEM AGAIN. CAPNCAD@HOTMAIL.COM