Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-13-2021, 08:24 AM   #1
New Camper

Crossroads Rezerve 2015 27BH 5th Wheel

Potential new Crossroader here--
Upgrading from a 89 Holiday Rambler 26' Alumilite (which is an absolutely reliable, non leaking, solid beast) considering a Crossroads 2015 Rezerve 27BH 5th wheel . I found a one-owner private sale near me. It seems in pretty decent shape. Soft spot in the bathroom floor near the slide out, but can't determine exact cause. I have to admit I'm new to Crossroads...but online searches scare the heck out of me. Seems there are literally no good reviews and poor quality/durability/craftmanship is a common theme.

Are these concerns valid? I'm always skeptical of user reviews online so I thought i'd come to those who know best. Good reviews are very few and far between and bad reviews are very common. Please let me know your thoughts! Appreciate the information.

Cheers!
Neers78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 08:38 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

You have to remember that most people only post about bad reviews. Check under the camper for the soft spot.

*I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne
Papa-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 09:37 AM   #3
Site Team

The quality of new campers - built in the last couple of years - has suffered some. But it is not limited to any certain brand or manufacturer. Also some of the first time owners do not understand that campers no matter when they were built need constant maintenance. They are not built like a house or a car/truck. If you put your house on a trailer and pulled it down the road it would not last very long. Any time you pull a camper down the road it is being shaken and tossed around, the wind is trying to blow it apart, rain is hitting it at 60 -70 Mph but owners still do not understand why there is a problem.

I have owned different brands over the years and they are all about the same.
We are on our 2nd crossroads product and would buy another if and when the time comes. That said neither one have been without there problems. Both were used and fairly well taken care of.

On the soft spot remember that water travels - the leak starts in one spot but the damage will be in a different spot. If it is in the bathroom check the water line connections and if near the stool you could have a bad gasket or a leaking valve. If it is by the slide be sure to check the slide seals. One other thing is it near a window it could have leaked or just been left open during a rain .

I guess my point is unless you see a line leaking or water actually coming in a leak will take some investigation to find.

I agree with Papa t some people just like to complain. Just check it out and if you do buy it we are here for any questions that you may have.
dagst1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 08:56 PM   #4
Family Vacation Member

This is my 1st Crossroads. I did heavy research on nearly every brand. Now days, nearly every brand will have varying degrees of issues. Even high end, high cost (supposedly better quality) brands like ORV & Grand Design are not without their share of hiccups. Don’t get too caught up in brands. The quality is virtually the same since they’re all made by hand not robots like cars. Find the floor plan you like, the rig your truck can safely tow, then get it inspected by a certified RV inspector. Even then, plan on (and learn to) doing some minor repairs yourself. You’ll be far better off in the long run. Good on you for doing the extra mile with your research and keep it up. I’m sold on Crossroads and will likely buy another.

Tony & Lynne
Whidbey Island, WA
2021 Sunset Trail SuperLite SS212RB
2019 Ford F-350 FX-4 Crew cab, 6.2L gas
Tonyg2724 is offline   Reply With Quote