Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-06-2009, 10:29 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

We are thinking of buying a new Cruiser and have a couple of questions. We are thinking of buying a 31MK but i would really like the 16 inch wheels that you can get with buying a Sundance by heartland. I know that the Patriot edition comes with 16" wheels but youcan't get the31MK in the Patriot edition. Does anyone know if the 16" wheels will be an option in the near future. We would really like to buy a Cruiser over the Sundance due to their great customer service that i here about. We live in the Detroit area and go to Shipshewana Ind. quite often. There is a RVDealer in Shipshewana that i see is picking up the Cruiser line. (WANA RV) Does anyone know anything about this dealer. There is not a Cruiser dealer that is close to us. Thanks, Craig & Ginger
Old 04-06-2009, 11:01 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78
I think your best bet would to be calling Crossroads directly and ask the Cruiser Rep. for your area if they can slap those 16" wheels onto your camper. Crossroads has already said it's the same axle and wheel well space so it will fit on 2009's and up. I doubt Crossroads would want to loose a sale to a new customer over a set of wheels !
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 11:03 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

I know Crossroads does listen to their customers and a lot of people have expressed the interest in a 16" wheel option on the Cruiser line so maybe that will be something new for 2010. You could always call them and ask. I would also check the prices at RV Wholesalers to compare to other dealers in your area.

http://www.rvwholesalers.com/design/fifth_wheels.php
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 01:09 PM   #4
Seasonal Camper

Bought our Cruiser at Modern RV in Grand Rapids---was worth the trip from Milwaukee---told them I didn't want to bring it back for warranty so I expected all of the bugs worked out. They were.

Give Chuck a call..........
Tom&Denice, Carmel,Betsy, Brighton&Daisy(Rescued Cockers)YukonXL 2500 8.1 4:10 CT31GR https://i276.photobucket.com/albums/k...ofP1010009.jpg
ClassicHammond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 08:25 PM   #5
Seasonal Camper

as close as you are to Shipshewana I would look for the best deal and not worry about the service dept, you can go right to the factory, that is what I do, try RV wholesalers, they do some deep deals, I know a few guys who bought from them, not crossroads, and the deals were really good....and the factory service is worth the ride, I live 4 hrs from the factory and 45 minutes from the dealer, the dealer has not seen my unit since I picked it up....example, I had a bent screen in the living room, sae it during the PDI, dealer said not to worry he would order one and call me when it came in, this July it will be 3 yrs old, I am still waiting for the call........it was replaced at the factory........

2004 Ford F-350 CC dually 4X4
mbinohio is offline   Reply With Quote