Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-14-2015, 06:30 AM   #1
New Camper

Cruiser Aire 28RK

My wife and I are fixing to pull trigger on purchase, any advice, tips warnings good things just curious. Brim
Brim1162 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 07:21 AM   #2
Family Vacation Member

Welcome to the crossroads forum.
We have a Cruiser 31RK, the only thing we found after purchase was you can't access the fridge, when the large slide is closed. Everything else is accessible, except the dresser in the bed room. Other than that, we have 5 years with the trailer, and still love it.
Cooper the Golden Retriever, and
Sam the black lab.
CampMacKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 10:07 AM   #3
Family Vacation Member

How exciting- thanks for considering a CrossRoads product!

I don't have a lot of advise for pre-purchase, but know that we want to provide you with as many RV lifestyle resources as possible. You can find us on Facebook, Pinterest and on our blog clubcrossroads | Your family. Your dreams. Your adventures.! These resources were created with the present and future RVer in mind- you'll find tips, tricks, recipies, funny stories and some excellent campground resources as well.

On behalf of CrossRoads, should you need any assistance from the factory as you move forward with your purchase- just shoot me a private message. I'm happy to help!
ChristianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 10:54 AM   #4
Gone Traveling

RV'ing is awesome and you will have a great time. The worst part of it is getting past the dealer and warranty issues. A good dealer is the exception not the rule. The typical dealer wants to make as much as they can off you and provide minimal service after the sale. Manufacturers, Crossroads included, tend to pander to the dealers as opposed to putting the customer first.

Make sure you do a complete pre delivery inspection and get briefed on all systems. DO NOT let the dealer rush you on this. It may take two hours or more but so be it. Take copious notes. I have heard some advise to video it (particularly the various systems demonstrations) on your smart phone so you can have something to reference later. Note anything that is not right and make sure the dealer documents it in the paperwork and you both have a copy. If anything major is wrong, do not take delivery, do not give your money until it is right.

On each trip during the warranty period, keep a notepad close at hand to create a punch list of all deficiencies no matter how insignificant they may be and REQUIRE your dealer of choice to correct them all under warranty. If they give you any flack at all, do not waste your time arguing with them. Go straight to Crossroads. If Crossroads first line customer service gives you any flack, ramp it up the chain of command quickly. Do not waste time and let the warranty expire. In the past Crossroads has addressed known issues past the warranty period but according to other threads, they are curtailing doing this. So, make sure you have everything addresses n the warranty period so they can't say "no".

For service, make sure your dealer's technicians are RVIA certified. This is to RV's what the ASE certification is to automotive technicians. Some dealers hire "technicians" that are less skilled than a shade tree mechanic.

You will need or want a bunch of accessories and gadgets. Do not buy these at your dealer. Shop on line and save yourself a ton of money. Amazon.com, Tweetys.com and a whole host of other sites are out there. Just Google RV accessories and surf on.

I hope all goes well and you all enjoy the open road. Any questions, do not hesitate to ask. There is a wealth of wisdom on this forum.
Chateau Duke To Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 12:11 PM   #5
Seasonal Camper

That was an awesome post, I think you hit most things a new buyer needs to hear about before dropping a lot of $.
About the only thing I can add is, welcome to the forum and RV ownership.
2011 Ram 2500 4x4 6.7 CTD
4kids2dogs&RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 02:50 PM   #6
Full Time Camper

Do your homework on your TV (tow vehicle) and its towing capabilities. What do you plan on pulling your Cruiser Aire 28RK with?

2017 Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7 King Ranch Crew
Sold the 2016 Crossroads Sunset Trail Grand Reserve 32BH
2020 Grand Design Momentum 320G
OhioMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 05:30 AM   #7
Full Time Camper

We have never owned a trailer with a rear kitchen, but we have heard from others that since the rear of a trailer gets the most jarring during transit, things in the cabinets tend to get messed up a lot.

A previous poster mentioned inaccessibility to the fridge when the slides are in, That can be an issue if you like to grab a snack or lunch on the road.

Just a couple of floor plan issues to consider.

2012 Cruiser Sahara 330SS
2015 F250 Super Duty diesel
Loneoak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 03:11 PM   #8
New Camper

We are also looking at purchasing a Cruiser Aire 28rks. I am curious to know if you ended up buying one and what your experience has been.
Albycamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 07:20 PM   #9
Site Team

Not sure if you noticed the date on this thread----but it's 5 years old. These posters might not be on the forum any more. It would be better to start a new thread with your questions.

Anyway welcome aboard!!
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 07:27 PM   #10
New Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
Not sure if you noticed the date on this thread----but it's 5 years old. These posters might not be on the forum any more. It would be better to start a new thread with your questions.

Anyway welcome aboard!!

I did notice the date but unfortunately it was the only post that mentioned the same model we were looking at so I took a shot.
Albycamping is offline   Reply With Quote