Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-03-2011, 10:54 AM   #1
New Camper

Giving some thought to a slightly larger 5th wheel. Thinking of the Cruiser CTX 27 vs the Cruiser 28. It seems like you can get the same options in either, so is it just which floorplan fits you better or are there structural differences with advantages of one series over the other (Cruiser vs Cruiser CTX)? Are there any options that people are really glad that they have or options you wish you would have put in? For that matter an option you have that you would pass on next time around. I know we want the upgraded insulation. As always, thanks for the advice.
</span>

</span>
Peter &amp; Pat</span>
woodchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 11:45 AM   #2
Weekend Camper

When I ordered my CF27RLX (CTX) I thought I was getting the CF27RL but actually got the CF27RLX and am I ever glad. I pull it with a F350 dually 6.0 Powerstroke so the weight was not a consideration but there were other small things that came with the CTX that happily surprised me like the better stance of the wide stance axles (the wheels are 15" a part) and the other was the 2"receiverbumper hitch with trailer wiring. This allowed me to easily bring mybicyclesalong on the rear of the 5th wheel.

Other differences are unknown to me other than the far more modern looking front cap on the CTX. I am told this is more aerodynamic thus better gas mileage. I'm still waiting on that one as I simply get 11 mpg regardless.

If I had it all to do over again, I would not change a thing. I prefer the CTX and am very happy with my Cruiser. By the way, I have had no problems with tires, axles or any of the workings of the unit so Crossroads built a good trailer at least in my case. We've had it 15 months and put about 10,000 miles on it.

Enjoy your RV!

Preston, Retired Army (1995}

2010 CF27RLX being towed by a 2005 F350 dually 6.0 Powerstroke, automatic FX4, Airlift Airbags, Reese 15K Hitch
NC Retiree is offline   Reply With Quote