Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-01-2012, 06:42 AM   #1
Family Vacation Member

Provincial, cf345rf with the leather pkg, paint, end caps, fireplaceetc.

We were leaning toward the Montana Mountaineer Front Livingroom model but our local Cruisers dealer who sold us our 2010 Cougar 326MKS gave us a much better trade in price than any of the Montana Mountaineer dealers would andreally was hesitant about going bigger again.

Havent signed the papers yet as we are still reading up on Cruisers and making sure it is the right move....

Seen some folks have been haviing some problems with wheel bearings, slidesand leaks and we have next to no problems at all with all 4 of our Keystone Cougars we've owned over the past 12 yearsso wewant to get all the info we can.

The Cruiser with full paint is really nice looking and the tall slide and the layout in the 345 are really nice so we are sold on that part just quality we are worrying about.

Any suggestions or info is welcome....

2013 CF345RF Provincial

2006 GMC Dura Max Diesel
speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 07:18 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Very few of any brand are problem free. It's the level of support from the mfg and dealer that counts. Crossroads is very supportive.

Realize not many owners post about how they haven't had a problem. Most post when they have a problem only and the resolution. So mostly what you see here are the problem units not the thousands with no problems. It's how the factory handles the problem that counts.

Browse thru and see how many units Crossroads picked up, returned to the factory for repair, and then back to the owner. At their expense. Before this brand I had never heard of that happening.

Sold me. Only problem I had was not Crossroads fault. Dometic doesn't build their refrigerators to operate in Texas heat...
2009 Ford Lariat F350 SRW CC Diesel
2013 Cruiser CF305SK Patriot Edition
avvidclif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 07:35 AM   #3
Family Vacation Member

Thx... its true about the factory backing however with the 4 Cougars I didn't need any repairs, so its great to know you will get factory backing, our local dealer has been great and he is quite excited about the Cruisers and highly recommends them which is why we looked at them to begin with. He isn't handling Montana's anymorewhich is what we were going to buy.

I like being on the road not waiting for repairsas I play in a band and summertime is our busy time on weekends playing festivals. Can't afford to be without an RV on weekends and I've only everhad an inverter problem on the 2010 Cougar in 12 years, havebeen RVing for 30 years and quite frankly really never had any real big issues. I expect to have maintenance and look forward to keeping every RV we have owned as close to"as new" as I can so we get the best buck when we deal....

Wife's retiring this year so we want to make sure the Cruiser isthe one.... as it will be around for many years due to the "fixed income onset".........LOL

2013 CF345RF Provincial

2006 GMC Dura Max Diesel
Old 02-01-2012, 07:51 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78

There are many of us who own a brand who don't post negative becuase we have little to no issues. When I had my Cruiser there were very few issues, and most weren't worth posting. I did have an axle issue, but again both were replaced for free...
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 08:09 AM   #5
Family Vacation Member

Thanks Mike, RV's will always have little things that break &wear out and I expect them and the manufacturers have little control over that as the suppliers are limited. However the things that they can control are the quality control, fit and workmanship.
They can't control a fridge breaking or an inverter blowing or micro wave or what everbut if the frame is breaking as some RV's have had happening or the axles are breaking or bending etc.. then I would say the manufacturer must be spec'ing something out wrong.
Those are also the things that would prevent someone from leaving home with the RV so I sure don't want that.... A window leak or a broken plastic door holder or whatever is just nuiscance stuff that won't keep you off the road.

Given we just started looking at the Cruiser'sa week and a halfago after coming home from the Toronto RV show we are impressed with the trailers. I'vespent a couple hours checking out the one in the local heated show room.

Now I just want to ensure I'm not sitting at home while it is sitting at the dealers all summer long like some manufacturer products I know about... I have a buddy who has nothing but major troubles with his Salem and they have not come good for any of it. His dealer finally paid half the costs for 5 grands worth of repairs. That is in my view dang near criminal when a unit isn't even a year old !

thus far I don't see any issues asit looks likeCrossroads stand behind theproducts, our local dealer told us the same and I know he will stand behind anything we buy but I would rather not have any problems to begin with than be sitting at home when I should be using it...

As I've saidourexperience with the Keystone Cougar has been awesome but I've readnothing but bad things about them on line.... sometimes I think some products just don't fit people....... I've never had any luck with Ford vehiclesever, new, used etc and finally came to realize the best bet was justdon't buy one...........as if I do it will break alot ! LOL

2013 CF345RF Provincial

2006 GMC Dura Max Diesel
Old 02-01-2012, 08:21 AM   #6
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78

I think you'll appreciate the two year warranty - I know I liked having the sense that Crossroads had our back for two full camping seasons.

The Cougar's seem to have a love em' or hate em' following which I've always thought was strange. The ones I looked at have always seemed well put together for the price.

I think you'll find the Crossroads a nice fit in your family.
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 08:29 AM   #7
Family Vacation Member

We"ll likely sign the paperwork this weekend..... We have about 3 more months of winter before we can use it but if we get it ordered now it will be here when the weather turns for the better although this winterhas been the mildest on record here in Ontario Canada for years...

Still winter though............sighWife retires this year, I have 4 to go.....before wejoin thesnowbird crowd for the entire winter...

2013 CF345RF Provincial

2006 GMC Dura Max Diesel
Old 02-02-2012, 12:51 AM   #8
Full Time Camper

I think you will be happy with a Crossroads trailer. We had no issues with our first one and one issue with our current one. Crossroads and our dealer quickly took care of the problem with no hassles.
2010 CF30SK Patriot
2007 CF30SK
dalemac377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 06:36 AM   #9
Family Vacation Member

thx Dale..... I've been reading alot and I'm feelign pretty comfortableabout it now...

not that we needed somethng new as our current is a 2010 4 slide 37ft but we really did fall in love with the layout, interior finish'sand the exterior of the new 2012 CF345RF painted, caps etc.... We will miss the huge bathroom we have now but the living space in the Cruiser 345 is much larger and we can move around with the sofa bed out unlike our current model. my wallet is going to take a kickin though.......LOL

2013 CF345RF Provincial

2006 GMC Dura Max Diesel
Old 02-04-2012, 08:21 AM   #10
Family Vacation Member

Welll its officialwe signed the paper work this afternoon for the new Cruiser Provincial CF345RF, pretty much loaded right upandpicked up our 2010 Cougar and brought it hom and emptied it out.

Taking it to the dealer shiptomorrow as they wanted as soon as possibleasthey have been movng quite a bit of product with the weather the way it is right now.Lucy for us the snow is all melted so we could get into the lake and get the Cougar out ofour lot and up the steep hill.

Dealer put the order in today for the new one and saysit will take a month or two to get it in.

No hurry as the weather generally isn't good till the first of May up here anyway.

Man we filledone of a bedroom right full ofstuff out of the trailer! Wow how did it all accumulate in ayear and a half..........LOL

Going to be a long couple of months .

2013 CF345RF Provincial

2006 GMC Dura Max Diesel