Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-08-2009, 09:48 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

We finally did a road trip up north today to go look at a cf30sk fifth wheel. We reaaly like it by the way and has moved to the top of our selection list. One question I forgot to ask the sales person there was there are 2 drain pulls for the grey water. I noticed the larger grey capacity on this unit and do I assume there are 2 x40 gal tanks? Also would then 1 tank be kitchen sink water and the other bathroom sink and shower. Or does it all go to one and then when full overfills into the second tank. Can someone please answer for me assuming one of the above scenarios is correct. Edited by: calgarygringo
calgarygringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 09:52 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78
Hi!

On ours there is 2 grey tanks and 1 black that drains to a single pipe (thank God). The two grey tanks are NOT connected on mine other then a drain pipe. The kitchen is a single tank, the other is the bathroom sink and shower.

That's a nice floorplan - iff the price is right go for it you won't be disappointed!
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 09:52 AM   #3
Seasonal Camper

On our cruise the shower and bath room sink share one and the kitchen sink gets the other. That I know of there are no over flows
gtoguy1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 10:00 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

Thanks guys that is what I thought but just forgot to ask when I was looking at all the handles etc. in the compartment. Wife is pretty excited so may have to start selling my current trailer pretty quick. Yes it is a nice layout and one of the more funtional units we have seen in this category and we have seen most of them.
Old 10-08-2009, 01:15 PM   #5
Full Time Camper

On both of our 30sk's the tanks were separate, one for the galley, the other for the bathroom. No interconnection except the common drain pipe. Is the 30sk you are looking at a Patriot edition? Just curious.
2010 CF30SK Patriot
2007 CF30SK
dalemac377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 01:20 PM   #6
Weekend Camper

I was looking at the Patriot or Provincial as they call for us Canucks on line. The guy at the dealership did not know what I was talking about. I asked about the 16 wheels, electric awning etc, etc. and he says he did not think Crossroads was adding those things at that level. I was thinking of ordering from the U.S. but was concerned without seeing one. This dude was the only one around here that I could find one to look at and it didn't have all the bells and whistles. It was still very nice but the price difference from north to south is too huge not to consider. There was just a thing or 2 he did not mention or know about.
Old 10-08-2009, 10:00 PM   #7
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78
That's too bad. If you order from the US use RVWholesalers.com, they are very familiar with transporting to the Canadian border and completing the proper paperwork.

They also carry the Partiot/Provincial equipped Cruisers.
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 12:24 AM   #8
Full Time Camper

If you are going to order one, definitely order the Patriot edition. The extras are well worth the money. If you look at the cruiser 30sk specs on the web site it lists the patriot/provincial extras.
2010 CF30SK Patriot
2007 CF30SK
dalemac377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 01:15 AM   #9
Weekend Camper

Thanks again I had already looked at their website and had them do a quote before I went yesterday. Huge savings by buying there. Just kind of bugged me that the guy knew nothing of the pkg, told me they don't offer 16" wheels etc. I am sales myself and knowing what I am selling is pretty important.

One other question for you guys that own one is when I get a hitch should I get a slider hitch. I have a Silverado short box and don't want to worry about tight turns. Some of the fifths I have looked at cut out the corners so you don't need to worry. The Cruiser appears not to be. Currently have a TT so not an issue.

Thanks
Old 10-09-2009, 01:33 AM   #10
Weekend Camper

Hi
We have a 09 30sk & pull it with a short box GMC( a Chevy with all the nuts tightened ) & don't have a slider hitch .The crusier does have corner cutouts don't know if I can turn 90* but can come very close. That said I do watch when making tight turns
Cal

Old 10-09-2009, 10:30 AM   #11
Full Time Camper

I understand that Crossroads has trimmed the corners so that you can take tighter turns butthat shouldn't deter you from buying a slider hitch. I have a slider hitch and it comes in handy when backing up because the trailer pivot is behind the axle. It makes for quicker and easier turns during a backing maneuver. Another addition that can easily pay for itself is a BedSaver. You may never use it and that's great, but there is always that one time and the next thing you know, you're into a several thousand dollar repair.
2006 Cruiser CF30SK
Hamops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 08:59 PM   #12
Seasonal Camper

I have the bed saver, and it saved the bed, works great........worth every penney, and it's alot cheaper than the insurance deductible

2004 Ford F-350 CC dually 4X4
mbinohio is offline   Reply With Quote