Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-29-2009, 11:13 AM   #21
New Camper

We just purchased a Sunset Trail 32KS made by cross roads. We have ordered it and it is being built. We were told 3 weeks and it will be in by the week of the 18th (May). I was wondering if anyone has a sunset trial and what they think of it. We actually purchased this floor plan without actually walking through it. We did go in a similar one so we have an idea. We are keeping our fingers crossed. We've looked at a lot of campers and felt that this one seemed to be a little different then others we've seen and it seemed to be very good quality.
cbfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 11:47 AM   #22
Full Time Camper

Welcome to the Forum and the CrossRoads family. I can't answer your questions about your unit; however, someone will probably be along shortly to answer them. We really have enjoyed our CF29RK.
'04 Dodge 2500 Quadcab CTD
gball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 12:18 PM   #23
Full Time Camper

Hey Chris you're up! He has a subset and loves it.

Chrisnan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 12:55 AM   #24
Weekend Camper

We ordered a 29RL Sunset Trail on March 13...Told -6 weeks. Still waiting!

Next week supposedly. We have been told it WILL be a 2010 model.
icefalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 01:33 AM   #25
Family Vacation Member

Send a message via Yahoo to csham
We've had our ST30BH for two years now and love it. It's a similar floor plan to your unit. We find there is plenty of room for everything including the toys the girls liketo take along. We have not had any issues with it outside of a board in the rear bunk that cracked. CrossRoads fixed that and added another support leg at my request while I was at the factory last August. If you read through the forums you will see reportsof problems with lippert axles. I have not seen any ST owners complain of this. We have over 4,400 miles on ours and I don't notice any odd wear and I check my tires before every trip and at every gas/rest stop along the way. Hopefully the sticker guy has been retrained at the factory. Our black and gray labels for the tank dumps are backwards . The only other thing that we found was the need for a 2nd 12v battery. The tinted windows on our ST almost require a light on anytime that you are inside. We dry camp alot and found that the most we could get was about 48 hours. That was without the furnace having to be used. Anyway, enough already...if you have questions, ask them anywhere on the forum. There are a lot of good people here, just don't invite them over, some of them tear out mailboxes when they leave .

Samantha (8/97), Tara (6/03), Erica (1/07)

2008 Dodge Ram 1500

2007 Sunset Trail ST30BH

https://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x...H-campsite.jpg
csham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 08:16 AM   #26
New Camper

YIKES! I hope it comes in on time. We've paid for a seasonal site and our camping season started last weekend.I will be very sad if it's not in at least by Memorail Day.

Thanks for the info, Chris. We are really looking forward to the camper. How's the understorage - or outside storage? We had the rear garage in the Aerolite and it was handy. I know we don't have it in the ST but are wondering what kind of outside/understorage there is.
cbfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 10:58 PM   #27
Family Vacation Member

Send a message via Yahoo to csham
If you look at the picture in my sig, you'll see two doors at the front. The bigger is the two propane tanks. The smaller is the access on that side to the storage. That door is wide enough for a typical coleman propane camp stove to fit through. The other side has a door that is as wide as both of these put together. The storage compartment goes the whole way across the front. It is from the back of the small door almost all the way into the nose. I have never found a problem with the amount of storage that is in that compartment. Among other things, we usually have two clothes baskets for dirty clothes, 20 lynx levelers, coleman laterns, camp stove, 4-6 small bottles of propane, all of our campfire cooking stuff, two small folding tables, 5 chairs, awning lights, a box with the two original windows for our doors (we replaced ours with stained glass and I carry the originals just in case), 2 water hoses. You get the idea, I'm sure there are other odds and ends. Not sure about your model, but in the 30BH, the queen bed lifts so that I can access that compartment from inside the trailer. Nice Feature. I installed a 2nd 12v battery and I installed the A/B switch under the bed so I can change over without having to go outside in the middle of the night or in bad weather.

Samantha (8/97), Tara (6/03), Erica (1/07)

2008 Dodge Ram 1500

2007 Sunset Trail ST30BH

https://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x...H-campsite.jpg
csham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 07:54 AM   #28
Full Time Camper

We placed an order with RV Wholesalers for a CF31QB on July 13th. Just got an email with the VIN and an offline date of August 18.
artgpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 12:54 AM   #29
New Camper

We ordered a 2010 Cruiser CF31MK and had the VIN that same day! Our dealer said that is unheard of to have a VIN the same day.

Build date started on July 20th and we were told 2 to 3 weeks for completion. The factory is supposed to call us this week to see if we would like to visit and watch phases of build out.

This is our second Cruiser. We are so pleased with the first that we moved up to a 5th from a TT