Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-14-2011, 01:57 AM   #1
New Camper

I am looking at purchasing a 2011 Crossroads cruzier Fifthwhell CF 325CK. This will be my First fifthwheel, i currently have a 2009 Aerolite Travel Trailer which is a little small for me,I had a few questions 1) what is your opnions on insulated windows? and if you have any comments or suggestions for a first time fifth wheeler i would greatly appreciate them.

thanks,

Josh
Coolbuddy69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 02:25 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Josh, welcome and good luck with your purchase. First, If I was doing it again, I would get the double pane windows. Anything to get more insulation on a RV is a good thing. Second, make sure your truck is capable to tow the rig you are looking at. A lot of rigs can tow a 5er but safety dictates you have a truck with enough capacity to safely stop, maneuver and haul. For a 325CK, I would suggest at a minimum a 3/4 ton with a large gas or diesel engine with all the tow package upgrades. I was a first time 5er driver a few years ago and if you have been towing a TT then the change will not be so hard. You will learn alot from reading all the forums. The first difference I learned was that the 5er doesn't track the same as a TT so watch the curb side turns.
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 03:30 AM   #3
New Camper

ok and thanks i did have a 2007 Toyota Tundra which would have pulled my travel trailer just fine but i wanted / needed a Chevy 2500 HD Dissel with a long bed so now that i have the truck situation figured out all i need now is to trade in my TT for the 5er. I dont know if I could ever live without atleast a 3/4 ton truck agian i think my next one will be a 1 ton.
Coolbuddy69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 05:41 AM   #4
Seasonal Camper

Welcome Josh,

Is this 325CK setting on a lot or are you ordering it? I agree the insulated windows is something i will definitely get on my next trailer. Also, depending on what part of the country you are in a 2nd A/C unit would be something to think about. In the midwest you can get by with a single15000BTU unit but if you are in the south I thinks it's a must to have a 2nd A/C unit for a trailer that size.
https://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l1...04/TheRig3.jpg
scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 08:56 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

Another one for getting the windows. And have a sense of humor when you learn to back the trailer into place. The people gathering with the lawn chairs and beer are just remembering how they looked...

Chrisnan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 11:37 PM   #6
Site Team

Hmmmm, honest is a good virtue.

Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 03:11 PM   #7
Weekend Camper

Josh: If you look down this forum a little bit there is a thread called " Dual Pane windows - are they worth it?" where i asked the same question that you are asking about the windows. I suggest you read it for lots of opinions about the windows- overwhelming consensus was that everyone thought they were a very good idea.

As well - Just my thoughts - but my wife and I are in the process ( hopefully ending next week) of getting a CF 335SS. The 325 CK and the 335SS were the two floor plans that made our shortlist - but well we did a detailed tour of both models we found that the 335 won hands down - mostly due to storage room etc. Some of the fine details were: CK - no room / place to store pots in kitchen,335 had a closet by the door for coats etc., 335 had a 2nd wardrobe in the hallway beside the bathroom on the end of the slide, 335 had a night table. For the extra 1.5 feet in length and very little extra weight we found the 335 to be much better home away from home. Just note that we haven't tested our observations out yet. We currently have a 29 foot TT and we are really looking forward to the extra room for our extended vacations ( we are just starting to practice for retirement - 5 years to go.)

In any case enjoy your new 5er - and I just want to note that this is a great forum with great folks. I hope to meet you sometime in the future.

Boomer

2012 335SS

2009 Chev 2500HD 6.0 L gas
Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 11:12 PM   #8
Family Vacation Member

I would recommend the dual pane purchase. They alone will not prevent sweating in cold weather but will reduce it somewhat. The same is true for the upgraded wall insulation!
carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 10:42 AM   #9
Full Time Camper

Now that we are forced to call the Cruiser home, dual pane windows are a real plus. Earlier this week temps were still around 103-104. With the single 15k a/c we were comfortable, not cool, but comfortable in the late afternoon. When I rebuild, the new RV port will be tall enough for a second a/c.

Texas Baptist Men-Retiree Builders member since '01
13 Silverado 3500HD D/A, 2wd CCSB srw, custom RKI bed
11 Cruiser CF32MK
https://www.picturetrail.com/dayle1
Dayle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 12:54 PM   #10
hhh
Seasonal Camper

Hey Larry, Glad to hear you and the family is safe. Sorry to hear about your misfortune but I'm sure you'll come out of this fine. Hang in there, at least you got the frame taken care of

'11 CF285RL Patriot - '08 GMC 3500HD D/A CC LB Dually - Yamaha Zuma 125

tgif: let's RV
hhh is offline   Reply With Quote