Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-27-2017, 09:52 PM   #1
New Camper

Looking to buy a Used Crossroads Rezerve 27BH... Should I?

Well the title pretty much sums it up but I found a used 2015 Crossroads Rezerve 27BH and I'll be honest in my search for our first family RV I have not come across a Crossroads RV. Is this a quality manufacturer? I know this can vary from unit to unit but I'd like to just get an idea of the overall quality of I plan to buy a used model and keep it for quite some time.
Any info in appreciated.
Thanks
Josh
Jmill62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 09:53 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

make sure the front cap has already been painted as it will fade,along with most brands that have any colour other than white.

It was a rainy few days at Algonquin Prov park...tarps kept us dry.
Wayne --Belle River (Windsor), Ontario
2013 Sunset Trail Reserve 25RB..(just sold it)
2015 White Chev Silverado 2500HD 4x4 (6.0 l gasser)
2003 Mountain Star 890SBRX Truck Camper
harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 05:59 PM   #3
Family Vacation Member

I owned a Keystone (one of the biggest companies) for 12 years. The Crossroads is much better constructed; of course it's 6 years newer also. From reading on this list, I would suggest buying an older model. It seems that quality diminished after the recession of 2008, possibly in all manufacturers. Last year we found a slightly used 2008 29CK that is very nice. We''ve put 6000 additional, trouble-free miles on it. It also seems that the newer slide mechanisms are more trouble prone. Others please pipe in here.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk
Old 06-29-2017, 08:04 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

I have a 2012 model that I bought August 2011. I've taken it from OH to Disney twice, with various stops/detours on the way there and back. I've also taken it to RI; to Mackinac (beginning of UP in MI); and to the Carolina's. On top of that it's done numerous weekends. I have 5 kids and a dog. All this to say that while not as heavily used as some on this forum, my rig has seen reasonable usage and hasn't just sat parked at some campsite.

It is in the shop right now for some new shoes and to have a couple of minor items looked at. While it was there I paid to have a SealTech test done to verify water tightness. It passed without a single leak, and I have never done any re-caulking or other roof repairs etc. The technician was so surprised he ran the test a 2nd time at a little higher pressure, still no leak. Told me that he's never seen a rig over a couple of years old that's been on the road not have at least some small leak somewhere. It has not been completely problem free, but then that would be a false expectation. Knowing that we want so much in our rigs, but also desiring light weight, then pulling that over all kinds of miles up hill and down dale means that stuff is going to shake loose and happen.

I did my research for some time before I bought, and I felt that Crossroads was one of the better companies out there and they put out a superior product. I still think that for the price, you will be hard pressed to find a better value. A better product, yes that can be found, but at a higher price point. If I was prepared to pay more and was in the market right now I'd be strongly considering a Grand Design. If you can afford it and have the right TV that's where I'd probably go. But if you go look on their forums, they've got issues too, and still straight from the factory! I do think that their Customer Service is better, and that counts for a lot.

I do not regret my purchase and have already made some great family memories with it. These past couple of years it has been sat on my driveway for personal reasons, but next week should see us back out and camping regularly again.

I would say have it thoroughly inspected, and if possible do a positive pressure test or take it to a SealTech (or similar) place. I may do this every other year here on out for peace of mind. I have heard some RV insurance companies are now requiring it even! Know what you're getting and know that you will need to perform some maintenance and repairs depending on usage. You should then be good to go.

After almost 6 years, I recommend Crossroads still and will continue to do so.
Prev.: '05 GMC Yukon XL 2500 Quadrasteer
CenterLine HD (original)
1 wife, 5 kids, 1 rescue lab-mix
FezUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 04:23 PM   #5
New Camper

don’t buy one you’ll regret it
jgalc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 06:28 PM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgalc View Post

That's your opinion---which you are entitled to.

There are many of us on here who are very satisfied with our camper.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 06:50 PM   #7
Full Time Camper

I’ve owned Jaycos, Crossroads, Coachmans, Scamps, now I’m back to Crossroads again. I love mine. Just saying!

*I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne
Papa-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 06:50 PM   #8
Site Team

There are good and bad with any brand. But if you are expecting a $20.000 camper to be built like your $200.000 home they are not. They for the most part are put together well but when you tow them they bounce twist flex shake kind of like your home in a earthquake. So if someone is not able and willing to do the maintenance maybe a camper is not the right fit. Or just rent one for vacations and leave the upkeep to them.

As for Crossroads my cruiser is very well built. It is also 14 years old. Yes we have had to replace somethings but she still is very solid. If I ever trade for a newer one it will be another cruiser!
dagst1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 02:38 PM   #9
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgalc View Post
Yes, your right..Buy 2! Just in case the in-laws show up.

2017 Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7 King Ranch Crew
Sold the 2016 Crossroads Sunset Trail Grand Reserve 32BH
2020 Grand Design Momentum 320G
OhioMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 05:09 PM   #10
Family Vacation Member

OhioMark, if he could afford 2 at that price he might just as well buy a house, or condo, or rent an apartment. Those options are much better built, last longer, and have better resale!
Reese Weight Dist. w/friction sway control
jmnsn57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 05:05 AM   #11
Full Time Camper

So I do enjoy the banter on quality and such, however is everyone aware this thread is almost two years old and our friend Josh probably has moved on to bigger and better things? The only reason we're even looking at this thread is gcalc decided it was necessary to lurk the site and post negative comments without even looking at the posting date. We're effectively talking to the dead here.

2017 Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7 King Ranch Crew
Sold the 2016 Crossroads Sunset Trail Grand Reserve 32BH
2020 Grand Design Momentum 320G
OhioMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 07:25 AM   #12
Full Time Camper

[QUOTE=is everyone aware this thread is almost two years old.[/QUOTE]

Lol, didn’t notice. Now that’s funny.

*I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne
Papa-T is offline   Reply With Quote