Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-12-2014, 07:39 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

Reserve ST32BH verses Super Lite ST290QB

Looking on some advice about purchasing either at 32 BH or 290 QB. Other than an extra slide out and exterior door, I don't see much of a difference expect about $5,000.

I'm also considering a Keystone Outback 312BH.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
jattaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 08:22 AM   #2
Ken
Weekend Camper

Reserve ST32BH verses Super Lite ST290QB

We went through the same dilemma this summer, we were actually set on the Outback 312BH but we decided to look around at every option and we stumbled across the Zingers. Then we had a new problem we liked the 33BH & the 31SB. I will tell you one of the big determine factors was the extra bathroom door. If you camp with kids or at the beach like we do the accessibility of the bathroom without going through the trailer is huge. Not only does it keep your trailer cooler in the summer but it keeps it cleaner because you don’t have people going through the trailer going to the bathroom. I will tell you one more thing (GET THE OUTDOOR KITCHEN). I love mine so much more than I thought I would we have used our new trailer about 6 times starting in early September and just love the outdoor kitchen. We always had to bring ice chest camping to put sodas and beer in and now we don’t. Also when you’re cooking we put the condiments and side dishes in the outdoor fridge so it is easier to access when it’s time to eat. For the extra money these two items made all the difference to us.
Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 01:13 PM   #3
Weekend Camper

I had the same issues when I bought my 290QB, wasn't sure if it was worth paying the extra money for the extra door. I'm more than happy with going with the 290QB.

Some camping friends of ours have a Passport with a 2nd door but they never even unfold the steps for that door and keep a table in front of it most of the time.

But on the other side of the issue I do wish we had the extra slide for a little extra room.

2012 Sunset Trail 290QBS
2014 Nissan Armada Platinum Reserve Package
JBE-dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 04:05 PM   #4
Weekend Camper

Leaning towards ST32BH

Thanks for the responses. I think we are leaning towards the Reserve ST32BH. We are a family of four and expect the kids to start bringing friends along for the weekend soon. I think the extra door to the bathroom would be great, especially when at the beach.

Thanks.
jattaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 04:21 PM   #5
Family Vacation Member

We have the 2013 32BH and LOVE IT. We use the second door a good amount with the kids. Plus its great that you don't have to walk through the camper to go to the bathroom. It was a huge must for us which is also a family of 4. The outside kitchen is great and besides some quality issues that crossroads has taken care of we love our unit. I hope this helps.
2014 Sunset Trail 32bh

"I work so I can CAMP, I camp to get away from WORK"
dminer04 is offline   Reply With Quote