Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-06-2011, 12:13 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

Just asking to make sure: The slide and jack activation toggle switches - Can they be deactivated by the control switches in the master panel?

I noticed that the bedroom slide switche in the 335 is directly under the light switch in the bathroom, and I don't think that I want to hit the wrong switch in the middle of the night.

Thanks

2012 335SS

2009 Chev 2500HD 6.0 L gas
Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 01:22 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

Not sure if they made changes since 07 but I believe the slides are controlled by fuses in the Converter panel and the jacks are fused in the battery compartment area.

Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 01:36 PM   #3
Weekend Camper

Just so my question is clearer: The slide and jack switches which control the slides going out and in and the jacks going up and down - can the switches themselves be made inoprable by the master switches in the main panel?

Since the jack switches are on the outside of the trailer Iwould hope that they could be made inoperable easily to prevent small children etc. playing with them.

Thanks

2012 335SS

2009 Chev 2500HD 6.0 L gas
Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 01:43 PM   #4
hhh
Seasonal Camper

Just put a cut off switch in the basement for the jacks power. No other easy way to do it.

'11 CF285RL Patriot - '08 GMC 3500HD D/A CC LB Dually - Yamaha Zuma 125

tgif: let's RV
hhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 01:56 PM   #5
Family Vacation Member

I use this type of battery master switch. I put the battery positive wire on the common, the charger/convertor on Batt 1 & the power wire to the fuse block for the slides & jacks on Batt 2. This way, on Batt 1, it will charge the battery while hooked up to shore power. On Both, I can charge & open/close slides & raise/lower jacks. After we set up, we switch back to Batt 1 to charge the batter & to lock out the slides & jacks. When we store the RV, we turn the battery master switch to off. http://www.amazon.com/2111A-Universal-Selector-Continuous-Momentary/dp/B000NI58R4
'12 Crossroads Rushmore RF38FL (ours!)
Barry, the ADHD x 2 German Shepherd mix, Granddog.
FFFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 10:04 PM   #6
Full Time Camper

The answer to the question is "No there is no disconnect provided on the trailer for those switches from the factory". That being said you can see how several people have decided to isolate those switches. In the 5 years we have owned and lived in our trailer we have never had a problem in this area.

Chrisnan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 01:30 AM   #7
Full Time Camper

Boomer:

Since I have a 335 I know what you are asking; however, don't know the answer about deactivating. Just need to remember that the top switch is the light switch so you may have to feel around in order to find it in the dark. We solved this problem by placing a night light in one of the recepticles behind the stove. It provides enough light to illuminate the stairs and to see what you are doing but is not obtrusive.
'04 Dodge 2500 Quadcab CTD
gball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 04:36 AM   #8
Full Time Camper

Yep, got up in the middle of the night and fumbled for the light switch, hit the slide instead. Got immediate feedback from the other half asleep in the bed....Was asleep anyway.... My son's 5er(different brand) has a switch in the kitchen cabinet to disable the slide switch. Makes sense with 4 small kids.
2009 Ford Lariat F350 SRW CC Diesel
2013 Cruiser CF305SK Patriot Edition
avvidclif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 01:54 PM   #9
Seasonal Camper

It might be a good suggestion for the Factory guys....they are quite receptive
Tom&Denice, Carmel,Betsy, Brighton&Daisy(Rescued Cockers)YukonXL 2500 8.1 4:10 CT31GR https://i276.photobucket.com/albums/k...ofP1010009.jpg
ClassicHammond is offline   Reply With Quote