Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-16-2016, 11:46 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

Thinking about buying a ST320BH

Hello,

My wife and I are about to buy are first TT and really like the ST320BH. I have been trying to do my homework for the last couple of months and by all accounts this TT is perfect for us. The only question I have left is about the workmanship and reliability of Crossroads. I have found a few blogs and forums that have reviews but they are all negative and some of them horribly negative (i.e. class action lawsuits). I would love to hear people's opinions about Crossroads both good and bad. What should I know about Crossroads ST320BH? Thanks.
Spasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 09:58 AM   #2
Gone Traveling

Really doesn't matter on make/model/manufacturer, they all have the same frames, appliances, same vendor supplied parts on everything, same people in the same part of the country & the QC in the rv business as a whole is non existent. We were lucky & have had minor issues & CR was very good to work with at the time. If you're somewhat of a handyman you should be fine, if you have to take it to a dealer on everything better stay in hotels.
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 10:50 AM   #3
Family Vacation Member

X2 on what Tex said. Every RV manufacturer has negative blog posts and there are some folks that just plain get a lemon.

I have had a couple minor quality issues with mine, and Crossroads and the dealer stepped up and fixed them with no issues.
Old 06-17-2016, 11:42 AM   #4
Family Vacation Member

We have CrossRoads Rezerve. Very similar in layout to yours except the second bath and the kitchen slide out / island.

Big fan of the fit and finish. So far, I have had a couple warranty items that have been resolved no issue. VERY slow on getting the correct rear interior door, but apparently that was them sending the wrong door. I think the process for CR warranty is similar to most other manufs.

I don't know the answer, just asking to this... Is the Sunset Trail features worth an extra $6-7 K over a Reserve?
Old 06-17-2016, 03:11 PM   #5
Site Team

Welcome to the forum. I have not had any problems with my Sunset Trail that required me to take it back to the dealer for service. You'll see mainly bad comments on any manufacturer's owners forum.

2013 Silverado 2500HD LTZ CC 6.6L Duramax Diesel
2023 Rockwood 2445WS
Buster, miniature Dachshund
2024: 2 trips, 26 nights in 8 states, 4801 miles
2023: 9 trips, 48 nights in 12 states, 2 provinces, 8120 miles
2019: 7 trips, 43 nights in 6 states, 3904 miles
DavisK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 02:53 PM   #6
Weekend Camper

Thanks!
Old 06-18-2016, 04:00 PM   #7
Full Time Camper

My first Crossroads was a Cruiser 5er. Only problem was slide out motor arm broke. Warranty fixed with no problems. Just bought my second Crossroads 5er and they had installed the wrong awning arms. Warranty repaired. I've owned Jayco's and Coachman's TT and 5ers over the past 19 years. Some people have more problems than others but you just have to go with what ever problem that may arise and deal with it. Don't stress over a problem that you don't have. Enjoy the camper experience and breathe.

*I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne
Papa-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 04:11 PM   #8
Weekend Camper

Thank you for all of the advice. I think we're going to purchase this ST320BH. My next hurdle is that the TT is in Hurricane, UT and I live in Tucson, AZ. The dealer I've been working with has been fantastic to deal with and has offered to meet me halfway for delivery. To do this, he offered to video (maybe Skype) the PDI for me. Is this an option I should even consider or should I decline it and just make the entire trip myself and be there for the inspection?
Old 06-18-2016, 04:52 PM   #9
Full Time Camper

Personally I would want to be there for the PDI. The more eyes the better. Also if you get it home and find problems you are a long way from the dealership.you will always find something wrong after using it. But at least seeing it in person and going over everything with the dealer should eliminate most surprises
Old 06-20-2016, 11:00 AM   #10
Family Vacation Member

Personally, I would make the trip to Hurricane. If anything needs to be addressed, it would be pain to not be at the shop. Make a trip out of it, lots of stuff to see on that trip.

And for the record, it isn't pronounced like the weather pattern, they pronounce it like "Hur-a-kin" .
Old 06-21-2016, 03:14 PM   #11
Weekend Camper

OK so my wife and I own one. we bought the 2017 model and I have a few things that may help you in your decision.

Like you, we researched for over a year on what we wanted. The main thing that sold us on this unit was the two bedroom two bathroom. I work from home and need a place to be during the day. I also have a child and she needed to have her own room without us having to get up every day and fold up a couch or something like that.

That being said there are a few issues I have with this trailer after being in it for 2 months.

I live in AZ and the AC is highly inadequate and I am looking into a second unit now

The walls and doors inside, the "wood paneling" is very cheap and easily scratched. Then again, it is an ultra light so they cant exactly use real wood but it would have been nicer if it were a little more scratch resistant.

Getting anything fixed on this has been a challenge. I had it in for repair for a few defects and after 2 months sitting at the shop it still is not fixed and I had to take it because i was leaving for the summer. I will need to fight that battle again when I get home.

I love the storage on it. I do not like where the water heater is however. it makes it difficult to access the closet.

You will need stabilizer jacks as it is a large trailer and quite wobbly when parked.

If you have any questions about it and want real answers from an actual owner let me know and I will be happy to answer the best i can!
Baguak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 03:16 PM   #12
Weekend Camper

sorry, read my response below. lol, i am from Chandler and I may even be able to save you some $$. I saved almost 7k on mine by going to pick it up.
Old 06-21-2016, 03:17 PM   #13
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spasm View Post
Thank you for all of the advice. I think we're going to purchase this ST320BH. My next hurdle is that the TT is in Hurricane, UT and I live in Tucson, AZ. The dealer I've been working with has been fantastic to deal with and has offered to meet me halfway for delivery. To do this, he offered to video (maybe Skype) the PDI for me. Is this an option I should even consider or should I decline it and just make the entire trip myself and be there for the inspection?
you would think this forum would be easier....