Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-06-2020, 10:28 PM   #1
New Camper

Trade value / avrg retail

Hello everyone I'm in the market for a toy hauler and have found a 2015 crossroads rv elevation 3612 I cant seem to find much info on pricing and trade value im wanting info so I have a bit a leverage going into the dealer...
They have it listed at 52k which I think is WAY over priced for a 2015... correct me if I'm wrong just needing some insight here and hoping you guys can help me.

Also anyone have that particular model and how are they quality wise? We havent seen it in person yet.
Abco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 10:35 PM   #2
Site Team

There is a NADA price guide. Not knowing what model here is a link. You should be able to get a rough idea of pricing.

https://www.nadaguides.com/RVs/2015/Crossroads-RV

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 10:51 PM   #3
New Camper

Yea I looked there... the inside pictures dont really match any of the floorplans tho... I thought 3612 was the model but looks closets to the Sonoma but again the interior pictures dont look like they match that floor plan��*♀️
Abco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 06:11 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

One of my friends just sold their Toy Hauler due to some campgrounds are no longer allowing Toy Haulers. No sure why or which ones but I know he does camp a lot in TN around Sevierville.

*I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne
Papa-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 06:36 AM   #5
Site Team

You can also do a internet search for that camper. Then you can see what prices dealers are asking nationwide. Sometimes it varies a lot by location. Also remember that condition on used campers varies and will affect price.
dagst1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 02:32 PM   #6
Weekend Camper

I have owned a 2013 3612 since new. This is my first RV, and I've definitely learned a lot about this RV, about Crossroads, and about the RV industry in general.

A few notes, in no particular order:

First, you're right, that price is insane. That's basically what I paid for mine new.

Second, in hindsight, I wouldn't pay $15,000 for it, and damned sure not $50+. Words don't exist (words they'll allow me to post on this forum, anyway) to express how absolutely pathetic the workmanship is on these things. The quality of the materials is suspect, too, but that can be forgiven (to some degree, anyway) for the necessity of keeping the unit weight down. You can't use oak cabinets and marble counter tops and stay under 15,000 lbs. * Ask the dealer if they'll pull the divider inside the storage bay that's directly underneath the shower. The rat's nest of wires, hoses, water lines, etc. and all the mess of junk left under there is as good an illustration of the pi$$-poor workmanship as anywhere. They don't expect you to ever see that, and doing it neatly would cost an extra $75 - they can't have that! Another spot - if yours (see what I did there?.. I'm confident you'll buy it, so I'm calling it yours - you may as well start owning the problems) has a generator, check out the area where the generator is mounted. If you don't find at least one spot where a torch was used to make room for a mount, where a structural member was in the way, then that'll be the first one I've heard of.

Third, be aware, once you pull off the lot, you're on your own. The manufacturer will do everything they can to avoid helping you. They all smile and play nice, but when the discussion involves a dime out of their pocket, they'll fight to get a grand out of yours instead.

Fourth, and perhaps most important (especially because I suspect you'll talk yourself into buying it anyway, 'cause that's what people do), do NOT buy it until you've seen it during and/or immediately after a HEAVY rain. I'll bet you my last dollar it will leak like a sieve. The windows leak, the slide-outs leak (look closely where the vertical and horizontal "seal" on the slide-outs meet).

I'd shop elsewhere. Best of luck to you.
Old 02-13-2020, 03:47 PM   #7
Weekend Camper

WOW Meathead, that was brutally honest. But perhaps the best detailed review I've heard of failure points on these units. You may have just saved ABCO 1000's of dollars, but I agree that once we set our hearts and minds on something, we usually talk our way into it, ha !
I think all units have there own shortcomings, my Hill Country 32RL leaked around the skylight and the sani-flush completely flooded the bathroom the first time I tried to use it. If your mechanically inclined, you can resolve a lot of it and you are pretty spot on about dealer assistance after the sale. The last time I called my dealer, they had a 3 week lead time to even look at anything new.

I wish you luck ABCO on selecting the right solution for your lifestyle. Make sure you perform a full survey on everything, there are some checklists out there on the web. Include testing plumbing, AC, heater, electronics, etc. And don't let the dealer rush you while your checking it out and learning the features. My dealer gave me the grand tour in about 30 minutes and when we got it home, we couldnt remember half of what he told us. But that's part of the fun, learning about your new toy. Enjoy and let us know where you land.

Charlie from Texas
Ready to Rumble
cwalther1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 06:05 AM   #8
Weekend Camper

My 2013 Crossroads is junk. Have replaced roof, all a/c’s, slide three times, axles, plumbing values, floor is rotting without sign of leaking. Nothing but junk! Would never buy anything with Thor written on side of it.
Bchaisson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 06:10 AM   #9
Weekend Camper

I agree 100 percent with meathead.
Old 02-14-2020, 08:21 AM   #10
Gone Traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bchaisson View Post
My 2013 Crossroads is junk. Have replaced roof, all a/c’s, slide three times, axles, plumbing values, floor is rotting without sign of leaking. Nothing but junk! Would never buy anything with Thor written on side of it.
Doesn't leave you too many options considering Thor is the parent company to about 85% of the RV manufacturers.
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 08:39 AM   #11
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bchaisson View Post
I agree 100 percent with meathead.
I'd never wish this bs on anyone, but I'm glad (though I had no doubt) I'm not the only one.

1. Replaced the roof
2. Installed a front A/C where I was told by the dealer it could be wired to operate on the thermostat, along with the primary A/C. It doesn't.
3. Replace the primary A/C after two Summers.
4. Stopped on. the. way. home. from picking it up, to tighten the screws on the fender trim. Cheapest hardware I've ever seen.
5. Replaced every sewer/drain valve.
6. Every single skylight leaked. "Luckily," they were all sealed when the roof was replaced.
7. Rear outrigger assembly absolutely folded up on about the eighth deployment, had to be replaced. Upon installation of the new assembly, I noted the reason - again, pathetic workmanship on the frame and mounting points for that assembly. I'm surprised it didn't all fold up the first time!
8. Shower "insert" needs replacing now, as it has cracked around the drain, leaking into the storage compartment below. Again, upon inspection, it's clear why - there is ZERO support under that drain. If you step within a few inches of that drain, your full weight is bearing on nothing but 1/16" of plastic.
9. Next time you need to give blood, just drag your finger along the edge of any carpeted area - the staple ends and "missed" screws from below will rip you right open.
10. The material on the bottoms of ALL the slides is garbage. I'm likely going to have to pull all the slides and rebuild the floors this Summer, because they're tearing themselves up on each deployment, and no doubt will soon start to bind on themselves when operated.
11. Don't get me started on how weak and worthless the Schwintek (sp?) slide mechanism is. That should've been aborted in R&D. It's barely sufficient for the two small slides, but the guy who decided it belonged on that big slide should be shot.

The list goes on..

* Note: I own a construction company with a many million dollar equipment fleet, and drove lowboy trucks/trailers in the beginning - I KNOW how to operate mechanical things effectively, within their design limits, and without damaging them. I also know crap when I see it. This thing is crap, from top to bottom.

I'm WAY beyond ever hoping to sell this and do well from a cash standpoint. Hell, breaking even is a ship that sailed the day we pulled out with it. If I can sell it in the next four years and NOT take a $15,000 hit, I'll be doing well.

Best of luck to you, too, Bchaisson.
Old 02-14-2020, 08:44 AM   #12
Weekend Camper

Hard to believe that because I’ve been shopping a lot here lately. But if true I would not buy anything made by Thor and I believe I could find something not made by Thor. If that’s the case Thor taking over, my prediction would be people would find out what a crappy camper they product and they will go bankrupt. Just saying. Everyone to their own. Buy a Thor and form your own opinion. Have a great day!
Old 02-14-2020, 01:07 PM   #13
Site Team

Yea, a lot a people get stuck with lemons. Name the brand, and I'm sure they all produce lemons. I know a few people the have the same opinion about Forest River. If you check their forums they all have posts about rv issues and swear they will not buy that brand again.
It seems that there are more problems with the Elevation model that the others. But know one thing, products brands that are in one manufacturer are often used across the board by the other manufacturers.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 03:26 PM   #14
New Camper

Couldn’t have said it better myself! Unit number s not worth the money spent by along shot. We had to reroute the entire heating system. Electric water heater died after one trip, slideouts have not operated correctly since we pulled off the lot and no help from either the dealer or manufacturer. Take your moneys d run as far and fast as you can.
LPIERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 04:30 PM   #15
Weekend Camper

2013 Crossroads Sunset Reserve 28BH

I had to respond to all the negative posts.
Bought new in 2013, pulling with used 2008 F-250 HD.
After now about 300+ days-nights and 18K miles of camping all over the USA and Canada, I never had to bring it to the dealer. Only small items needed attention - like re tighten the water connection sink and kitchen, never had problems with the 3 slides, never any water leaks except small drip from the skylight, fixed with caulk. toilette needed new $ 10 seal.
One set of tires and brakes, better A/C installed myself. Stored inside and still looks close to new.
Greetings Harold
Old 02-20-2020, 06:20 AM   #16
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark5w View Post
But know one thing, products brands that are in one manufacturer are often used across the board by the other manufacturers.
Component pervasiveness has nothing to do with poor workmanship. If you let the average assembler at ANY of the RV manufacturers put together a Ferrari, you're still gonna have a POS, despite the fact the components are first rate. With the exception of the original A/C, the components in my unit have been reasonably reliable - enough so that alone wouldn't warrant my disgust with it. The problem is in the complete, total lack of give-a-darn, and absolutely pathetic workmanship that is evident throughout.

That, combined with the sorriest customer service and product support known to man, makes a recipe for a nightmare purchase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbrand View Post
I had to respond to all the negative posts.
Bought new in 2013, pulling with used 2008 F-250 HD.
After now about 300+ days-nights and 18K miles of camping all over the USA and Canada, I never had to bring it to the dealer. Only small items needed attention - like re tighten the water connection sink and kitchen, never had problems with the 3 slides, never any water leaks except small drip from the skylight, fixed with caulk. toilette needed new $ 10 seal.
One set of tires and brakes, better A/C installed myself. Stored inside and still looks close to new.
Lucky you. As noted, the Elevations seem to be worse than the norm. Mine and other comments were directed to the OP, who was asking about just that - an Elevation model.