Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-29-2011, 11:21 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

My Zinger ZT26BH was ordered early January. It's build date was March 2nd.

My dealer finally contacted me last week and made an appointment for me to pick it up this Thursday the 31st even though it hadn't been delivered.

I got a call today Tuesday and was told it still wasn't at the dealership. I rescheduled for next Tuesday the 5th, again in anticipation that it would be delivered on time.

Wouldn't the dealer know what stock is going to be delivered? I asked and was told no - once the trailers are built the shipping company moves them to their lot and the drivers will pick up random trailers destined for the dealer.

Is that right?! Seems really backward for the drivers to pick up whatever stock they want!

I guess the good thing is I got a 2012 instead of a 2011!
Old 03-29-2011, 12:31 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

It sounds about right... Also now is getting to be prime season for trailer deliveries, so the wait maybe a bit longer. I know we have at least 1 CR dealer who post to these forums, so he maybe able to confirm.

Also keep in mind the dealer will want sometime to prep the unit for delivery. i.e remove all the plastic protectors, tags, clean the unit and confirm everything works and isn't damaged. Some dealers are better than others in doing the PDI.

Good Luck, Congrats and Enjoy.

'07 F250 Diesel Crew Cab 4x4

'08 CF30QB

Reese Signature Slider 18k Hitch
salda01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 12:36 PM   #3
Weekend Camper

Yeah my dealer said they need at least a day for PDI.

I just wonder why the dealer can't tell the delivery company to pick up certain trailers over others?
Old 03-29-2011, 12:55 PM   #4
Full Time Camper

Maybe the broker / shipping company has some resource issues. I would assume with the increase in diesel, some of these drivers maybe looking for something to do with a high margin. My experience has been a lot of these drivers are retired folks looking for something to do.

'07 F250 Diesel Crew Cab 4x4

'08 CF30QB

Reese Signature Slider 18k Hitch
salda01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 12:25 PM   #5
Weekend Camper

Still waiting. Dealer says they're getting 5 in a day, and by my calculations they should have gotten in 40 trailers since I originally talked with them. Not sure if they lost mine or what!

Oh well....
Old 04-02-2011, 01:03 PM   #6
Seasonal Camper

The anticipation builds excitement! Just going to make the day that much better when it finally does show up! We ordered ours near year end, and we kind of forgot about it since we would not be able to use it that year. Finally got a call from the dealer wondering when we were going to come get it?

SOB 5er
lenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 12:42 PM   #7
New Camper

I would guess that you ordered yours from Sirpilla RV. Guess how I know? I am still waiting as well and have rescheduled twice. Same story as you. On a good not, my neighbor picked up there zinger this week and it is beautiful. Those solid surface counters are beautiful.

Good luck and I hope our units come in soon.
daycruise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 02:03 AM   #8
Family Vacation Member

You do have to remember (as stated above) that most (if not all)of these units are

being delivered by folks who have sub-leased their trucks to the delivery company(s) and are delivering trailers to all the dealers from all the manufacturers and are trying to schedule around rising fuel costs, having to "deadhead" back to get another one (have to cover those fuel costs as well)etc etc.

I live within a mile of I-76/st rt 224 and 13 miles from I-71 and I have seen LOTS, I repeat LOTS of units being moved in the last couple weeks.

On a positive note, the folks at the service desk at Sirpilla are great people.

On a not so positive note, you have to watch the person who will do the delivery/inspection/walk through. They did a great job on prepping our Cruiser, but the person who did the turnover is more of a mechanic than a customer service rep. Now granted our trailer came from an Indiana Camping World dealership (a transfer to Sirpilla) and was outside"the norm", but the guy couldn't adapt.

The crank to put the slide out was missing and when I asked he told me I could "order it from Crossroads". And parts to the TV was missing. I called Crossroads andverified it should have came with one/the parts. They did get them for us though.

But on a positive note, they fixed all the minor little things wrong with the trailer in a quick and satisfactory manner.

They installed a stove in our last trailer (a mouse ripped out all the insulation) and did a great job.

I would recommend them based on what we have had done there.

2004.5 Chevy Duramax crew cab 4x4
2010 Crossroads Cruiser 30QBX
1991 K2500 4x4 being restored
drcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 07:33 AM   #9
Weekend Camper

My Zinger finally came and I picked it up from (yes) Sirpilla. They were great. Walkthrough was quick since I already had a travel trailer. We were surprised with the fruit basket, $25 gift card, promo membership to the Presidents Club and promo membership to Good Sam Club.

I was talking to Sue at Sirpilla and she said the Zingers are coming in fast now. Guess someone told the shipping companies to step it up.

Todd
Old 04-19-2011, 03:33 AM   #10
Full Time Camper

Lots of Sirpilla customers here! We picked ours up on March 28th. We are happy with unit, but not thrilled with Sirpilla. They received unit without ordered options, and didn't tell us until walk-thru. We also went up a week prior when they told us it was in and it wasn't our trailer! They are slowly redeaming themselves- and the basket/gift card was nice.

Hope we don't have any warranty issues - I am skeptical on their performance. We do love the trailer- a 2012 (however that works) ZT27BHSE. Edited by: ewbldavis
ewbldavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 11:41 AM   #11
Weekend Camper

Make sure you do a real deep inspection of all the areas where sealant was used. During that heavy rain we had last week I noticed a pool of water on the night stand next to the queen bed.Completelydry above and below it.

Found that there was a void in the caulking on the front cap seal on the drivers side almost directly behind the night stand allowing water in. I further checked out the entire cap seal on both sides and the roof and found another two areas voided of sealant. Not sure if there was an air gap in the caulking they used or maybe it shrunk.

So even though this is a brand new trailer I would stillrecommenda complete look over.

Todd
Old 04-25-2011, 11:40 AM   #12
Full Time Camper

This is a good idea - and we have had PLENTY of rain to check 'em out. Ours is all sealed up - no problems. Good to check windows and vents/TV attenna, too. Also, some storage doors may leak by key locks or seam at top of frame. Fortunately, we're all good!

Whoo-hoo - first weekend is coming up! Hope the forecast holds!
ewbldavis is offline   Reply With Quote