Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-21-2020, 11:28 AM   #1
New Camper

Zinger non-ducted AC

Hello. I’m fairly new to the forum and I’ve been researching travel trailers for my family and still having difficulty deciding. I’m highly considering a 2019 Zinger Lite 252BH. Our concern is the AC isn’t ducted. This trailer does have the upgraded 15,000 BTU’s. Does anyone have any experience with this model or one similar without ducted AC. Is it really loud and constant? Will non-ducted work ok with 2 double bunks in the back and the bed up front? I’m in Florida so this is a big concern. The other model we are considering is the Jayco SLX 264BH which has ducted AC 13,500 but I really like the Zinger. I’m wondering if 15,000 non-ducted may even be better than 13,500 ducted. Any guidance/feedback you could provide is greatly appreciated!
slk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 07:07 AM   #2
New Camper

The Zinger is a nice trailer. You would be better off with the non ducted 1500. The ducted AC just don't cool very well, they will kind of maintain the temp once you get it down. In Florida with all the humidity you might want to consider putting an additional AC in the bunk house. You and your children will be thankful you did. As far as sound, the non ducted really isn't much louder than the ducted. All RV AC's are pretty loud.
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 10:24 AM   #3
Site Team

Hello and welcome.

To answer your question just based on the ducted vs non-ducted AC system the only thing is with the non ducted when you close the bedroom door you will stop the flow of air to that area. With a ducted the air still will come into the room thru the ducts.

As to the noise level they are about the same. Thru the years we have had both and the one thing we learned is to keep the fan set to on. It seems to help maintain a more constant temperature and the camper does not seem to get as "stuffy" between cycles.

As these are both considered entry level campers the level of insulation is not the greatest so the bigger AC would be a plus - just leave the bedroom door open at night or perhaps a fan in there.
dagst1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 12:07 PM   #4
New Camper

Thank you so much for your reply. I apprecaite it
Old 06-26-2020, 12:08 PM   #5
New Camper

Thank you for your response. That's really good to know about setting the fan to on at all times!