CrossRoads RV Family Forum

CrossRoads RV Family Forum (https://www.crossroadsowners.com/forums/)
-   Basecamp Lounge (https://www.crossroadsowners.com/forums/f23/)
-   -   RV Park SuperGuide?? (https://www.crossroadsowners.com/forums/f23/rv-park-superguide-4950.html)

Ruck 07-11-2012 10:13 PM

Has anyone looked into the 'RV Park SuperGuide? I keep getting emails from a Andrea Williams
Managing Editor
RV Park SuperGuide, I may very wellhave signed up for info, but am not sure if it would be a good thing. Already member of Passport America, Good Sam and at least one other that is supposed to get reduced or half price camping, with certain restrictions .... Just curious what others are using to help defray the costs of camping/campgrounds. Thanks!!
Travel Safe ...

cowboy_71 07-12-2012 04:53 AM

All I know is that this Andrea Williams must know me too, I keep getting these last chance e-mails from her too...haven't signed up so let us know if you have and if you actually get good discounts from the others you have joined. Thanks...

Ruck 07-12-2012 09:22 PM

Passport America is ok, discounts are almost always from a Sun to Thur, half price, Recreation USA is pretty slipshod,a lot of campgrounds listed on the site no longer participate, and that is $10 a night camping! The site is not updated often enough, at least for me to be worth anything. And of course Good Sams is for a 10% discount at most CGs. Sometimes being a Disabled Vet helps but not in Illinois, one must claim that state as 'Home of Record' to get anything, them and Ohio. I don't recall putting my life on the line for certain states and not others! Jus' sayn' ... Have not heard very much about the RV Superguide, still researching ...
Travel Safe ...

rv-rick 07-27-2012 11:53 AM

We had Passport America on two different occasions. The first time it paid for itself many times over. The second time we didn't use it at all.

It all depends if there are member parks on your route.

Same thing with Coast to Coast. We've been members for years, but haven't used it in a while. The parks just aren't where we have been traveling lately. I'm thinking about letting it go when I've used up the rest of my points.

With any type of member setup, check where their parks are and check their procedures and restrictions. Then decide.

ClassicHammond 07-31-2012 12:56 AM

It's been discussed on other forums. I guess some listed parks don't honor the discount and the list of parks is not great. General opinion was poor/rip off. I, too, have gotten on their "last minute" list. Usually, if it sounds too good to be true, it's false. These CG's have taxes, upkeep, utility bills, and can't give it away. I'd imagine a 50 amp HU could easily consume 3 or 4 dollars in electricity alone on a hot summer day.

Sirsea 07-31-2012 12:12 PM

We just completed a three month trip from Texas to the East coast up to Maine; saved over $200 using Passport America and Good Sam. While we don't plan our trip around discounts,if the CG has good reviews and is in the area we will give it a try. Most have been good, but there have been a few that we would not visit again at any price.