Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-10-2019, 02:14 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

stuck slide

Well my front slide is stuck this time in the full open. I have found some RV repair people that stated if i knew where the controller was, i could put it in a Emergency mode that would retract the slide so I could tow it in.
I called Crossroads, but the nice lady in service told me they were sold to Keystone in 2016 and she could not look up my serial number to tell me the location because that information was gone.

Does anyone know the location of the slide room controllers on the 28 foot 2012 Sunset Trail?
We have two slide outs.
I would appreciate any help in locating it.
papabear9695 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 02:23 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

Have you tried using your manual crank to bring it in? You crank in from the opposite side of the trailer that the slide is on. For instance if the stuck slide is on the left side of the trailer you will use the manual crank on the right side to crank it in. Here’s a video to help. https://youtu.be/o_3vc0STmfI

*I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne
Papa-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 02:31 PM   #3
Family Vacation Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Donjamin
Quote:
Does anyone know the location of the slide room controllers on the 28 foot 2012 Sunset Trail?
We have two slide outs.
You didn't mention the year or type of CR trailer you have. On my 2013 CR STR 5th wheel, the front bedroom slide controller was located to the right of the bed behind a false panel below the side bed cabinet/stand. If you go on the Lippert website, they give you the instructions to put the controller in manual mode.

Don
2013 Sunset Trail 32RL 5th Wheel (no longer own)
Donjamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 02:50 PM   #4
Weekend Camper

Slide out stuck open again

We have the earlier Schwintech slide out with the motor on the top with gears on the top and bottom. The Schwintech are data motors with a controller located somewhere in the trailer. We have 2 slide outs and the large front one is the problem for the second time. Camping World is no help although they did the repair 20 months ago. The repair man left. Crossroads has no records as they sold the company to Keystone is 2016. This is a 28 foot straight trailer with a front and rear slide out. It is a Sunset trail 28 2012.
papabear9695 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 06:49 PM   #5
Family Vacation Member

Our 2012 ST25RB has the Schwintek system as well. Our controller is located at floor level inside cabinet door under our electric fireplace. Check behind all cabinet doors, all drawers (kitchen included). Also check inside your cargo storage outside. You do know what it looks like right? Lipperts website https://www.lci1.com/products/ should have some info and pictures. Or you can do a search on YouTube. Good luck.
Equal-i-zer hitch
Tonemeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 05:24 AM   #6
Seasonal Camper

My 2013 ST29SS is also located in the cabinet under the fireplace
Reese DC
hondavalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 06:18 AM   #7
Family Vacation Member

My controller was in the coat cabinet, under the control box. You have to unscrew the floor panel to get to it. I have a 2013 Cruiser Aire 30' fifth wheel.
Mine would not go in all the way or out all the, but was usable. The local service company's, did not seem to be very confident about working on it.
I too it to the Lippert Service center in Indiana for repairs. The slide box was not square and they had to built up the slide side wall track and replaced other worn parts.
Service techs very knowledgeable and skilled. First thing he did was take measurements of the slide box. Took about 6 hours.
I was able stay at a local campground, the nite before at the fair grounds. I was going from SD to FL, so just routed to go by there.
About $1000.00
Just my two cents on what I had to go through. Seems like a lot of service centers were very interested in working on it. I can see why.
RVCRUISER34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 04:56 PM   #8
Weekend Camper

I have had two gear box failures. Mine were located inside over the room that slides out. The gears were stripped. You can try have someone push on the room whale holding the retract button.
If yours was making a clunkin noise prior to quitting I bet it’s your gear box.
Shlee818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 11:14 PM   #9
New Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by papabear9695 View Post
Well my front slide is stuck this time in the full open. I have found some RV repair people that stated if i knew where the controller was, i could put it in a Emergency mode that would retract the slide so I could tow it in.
I called Crossroads, but the nice lady in service told me they were sold to Keystone in 2016 and she could not look up my serial number to tell me the location because that information was gone.

We have two slide outs.
We also have the Schwintek Slide. The Control for it in our trailer is behind a small panel at floor level just in front of the Fuse/Breaker power panel. Here is a You Tube video that may help you.
Shedss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 09:34 AM   #10
Weekend Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to papabear
I have a 2012 Crossroads Cruiser and I had the same thing happen to me a year ago. The slide was out and could't put it back. Ended up having a Moble Repair man come out and he worked on it. What he ended up doing is disengaging both motors (located at top of slide) and then pushed the slide back in with ease. Reconnected to motors to keep the slide in. Then off to the dealership to get one motor replaced.
The control board on my unit was under the bed toward the head of the bed is a hidden compartment. Mine was very hard to get to and once you got to it the wireing wasn't long enough to get it to where you could see or push the buttons to do the troubleshooting. If you can get it back in suggest you take it back to your dealer and have them do the fix. IF POSSIBLE you know.

2012 Cruiser Patriot Edition 335SS

2014 F250 4X4 Super Duty Diesel

https://i639.photobucket.com/albums/u...s/IMG_1120.jpg
papabear is offline   Reply With Quote